Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Typhoon Odette (Rai) hits

The Philippine National Police said at least 375 people were killed, 56 missing, and over 500 injured due to the typhoon. Hundreds of thousands of families now remain in evacuation areas after the typhoon—which tore through parts of Visayas, Mindanao, and Palawan—destroyed communities.

The country’s traditional ally the United States through the United Nations’ International Organization for Migration said it will provide emergency shelter assistance to 3,000 families affected by Typhoon Odette.

The United States Agency for International Development is helping distribute the rolls of heavy-duty sheeting that were prepared before the storm.

What Ive found::
US Donation: P1 billion (About 19.6 mill. ) plus relief goods :thumbsup:
US citizens have donated up to $1 million so far through personal donations.
China: P8 mill (about $157,000.00 ) plus relief goods :facepalm:
Russia: Putin says his heart goes out :confused:
Other countries like the UK, Japan, Korea, and many others have donated.

Its was heavy rain for several days straight.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

CDO-flooding.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow Alex that's terrible and thoughts and prayers go out the the victims and families. Glad you're alright and weren't (hopefully) caught in any of this. To think we only get an average of 9" of rain a year here and it looks like they got that and more in just a couple of days.

Ps.....I might need you to translate the video for me. :D

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Wow Alex that's terrible and thoughts and prayers go out the the victims and families. Glad you're alright and weren't (hopefully) caught in any of this. To think we only get an average of 9" of rain a year here and it looks like they got that and more in just a couple of days.

Ps.....I might need you to translate the video for me. :D
The video and most of the pics is the city I live in. I made sure we stayed out of flood zones. I researched it when I first moved here.

Ill translate best I can
" We Got F-ed Up"

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The video and most of the pics is the city I live in. I made sure we stayed out of flood zones. I researched it when I first moved here.

Ill translate best I can
" We Got F-ed Up"
Good thing you did your research before moving there. At one time I considered moving to Florida but between the hurricanes and floods and talking to some who lived through some severe ones I decided it wasn't for me. Is it still raining there?

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Good thing you did your research before moving there. At one time I considered moving to Florida but between the hurricanes and floods and talking to some who lived through some severe ones I decided it wasn't for me. Is it still raining there?
Oh no the rain stopped actually. This was around Dec 16, so right before Christmas.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
The Western world keeps telling us American values are bad, we’re nothing but an oppressive patriarchy, individualism is no good and capitalism is a cancer to the earth, it sure seems like we are the most giving nation in the history of the world.

I’m on disability with a fixed income but if you post a link I’ll gladly give what I can. Some of the nicest people I’ve ever meet.
Im with you on that, US BAD, America BAD, oh wait can you please help us????????? Then after we do help, America BAD.
Dont worry bout donating or anything like that, plenty has come in. Its a matter if the government delivers to the people.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh no the rain stopped actually. This was around Dec 16, so right before Christmas.
What's really sad is I never seen this on our news. Granted I don't watch much tv but I'm online a lot and read the news from there and never seen one article on it. My small town (8000 people) back east was hit by a tornado and although I was lucky and it missed my house it affected me and the whole community for years. I hope you guys over there can get back to being somewhat normal soon.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
This is the first Christmas we did not have a tree or a single light or a gift. 100% nothing. However, you try not to feel bad or disappointed bc others literally dont have a home right now. Its mixed emotions, so we are going to get a small table tree and have a small Christmas when my wifes kitchen is finished.

Its things like this that make you feel bad to your family,, when trying to balance, that there are more important issues at hand.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
One thing I've learned over the years is all the material things in the world don't mean a thing if you don't have your family and your health. You've been busting your hump for months now getting your house ready and while it would be nice to have a tree and all the lights I'm sure your family appreciates what you're doing. That's the best gift of all! You're a good guy Alex and there will be many Christmas' and gatherings for years to come.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
One thing I've learned over the years is all the material things in the world don't mean a thing if you don't have your family and your health. You've been busting your hump for months now getting your house ready and while it would be nice to have a tree and all the lights I'm sure your family appreciates what you're doing. That's the best gift of all! You're a good guy Alex and there will be many Christmas' and gatherings for years to come.
Thank You
Im going to make a thread about the crap that has happened sense working on the house. It will be a good laugh for some. I hired a "professional" carpenter to help me, bc there was just way to much to do. Between wood, plumbing, electrical, and all the other projects I was pretty overwhelmed. With the injuries I have Im not getting good sleep through the night, ofcourse the floor does not help :crackup:
I am not a carpenter or painter, I stay away from those two fields bc its more of an art. Im learning all this as I go.
Anyway, let just say I realized way to late,, the guy measurements where off everywhere.
$500 of wasted wood and $1,000 in labor, I had to rip it all out. I ordered new wood, Now its just me again :mad:
Thats just a very very small tip of what Im gong through with this house stuff.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Typhoon Odette (Rai) hits

The Philippine National Police said at least 375 people were killed, 56 missing, and over 500 injured due to the typhoon. Hundreds of thousands of families now remain in evacuation areas after the typhoon—which tore through parts of Visayas, Mindanao, and Palawan—destroyed communities.

The country’s traditional ally the United States through the United Nations’ International Organization for Migration said it will provide emergency shelter assistance to 3,000 families affected by Typhoon Odette.

The United States Agency for International Development is helping distribute the rolls of heavy-duty sheeting that were prepared before the storm.

What Ive found::
US Donation: P1 billion (About 19.6 mill. ) plus relief goods :thumbsup:
US citizens have donated up to $1 million so far through personal donations.
China: P8 mill (about $157,000.00 ) plus relief goods :facepalm:
Russia: Putin says his heart goes out :confused:
Other countries like the UK, Japan, Korea, and many others have donated.

Its was heavy rain for several days straight.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

CDO-flooding.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
Alex, I am so sorry. I haven’t heard anything about this on the news. God Bless you all and I pray you will all get the relief you need. Hope things get better with your house also.
Sponsored