Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I really like that system also and had it on the list originally. I don't get out enough nights in my current kid situation to justify any of the systems I would love to have.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
you're looking at anywhere between 13-18K depending on options.
Not bad, probably right in the same price ramge as the PCOR system. The only question is does it come with a 18 gallon(or similar) water tank like the PCOR?

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Why a system like this versus an Alucab System. If you are looking at that kind of money you could have an integrated sleeping space that could be heated when cold camping. I do get it for hauling stuff though, so just more of a question. I really want the Canopy Camper because you retain the full bed but bigger items would still be a problem.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Why a system like this versus an Alucab System. If you are looking at that kind of money you could have an integrated sleeping space that could be heated when cold camping. I do get it for hauling stuff though, so just more of a question. I really want the Canopy Camper because you retain the full bed but bigger items would still be a problem.
Chances are if you are Overlanding your bigger item(limited to begin with anyway) will be in the canopy and you would probably have a tent of sorts(roof top tent included) and pulling a trailer can be a pain if you get into a tight spot.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Chances are if you are Overlanding your bigger item(limited to begin with anyway) will be in the canopy and you would probably have a tent of sorts(roof top tent included) and pulling a trailer can be a pain if you get into a tight spot.
Yup, right now I run a regular cap and rooftop, love the looks of the tray systems, but ultimately if money was no object would look heavily into the systems that integrate the RTT. You could also go with the Khaya camper from AluCab which can be pulled out of the bed easily. Either way any of those options would be awesome.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yup, right now I run a regular cap and rooftop, love the looks of the tray systems, but ultimately if money was no object would look heavily into the systems that integrate the RTT. You could also go with the Khaya camper from AluCab which can be pulled out of the bed easily. Either way any of those options would be awesome.
Yeah the problem i see with the Khaya is it is most likely heavier than the PCOR. The one advantage I like about the PCOR is it is all aluminum so therefore in terms I should be light compared to most. Dont get me wrong, it is probably still heavier than the factory bed but im sure you get what I mean.

Here is a video from Australia for a good reason to go light for Overlanding.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I get it and with the air so thin in Leadville it has to be as light as possible :)

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I get it and with the air so thin in Leadville it has to be as light as possible :)
Not just Leadville, anywhere you want to go for offroad is very similar in concept. The lighter you are in general the better you can do offroad, especially in extreme conditions.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

2019_STX

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL/STX
Occupation
You companies computer guy.
I agree with interesting, but still stainless steel so it is going to be much heavier. Also of you look at PCOR they have a pressurized canopy so dust doesn't get in.
I just noticed you are in Leadville. I'm in Longmont. Pressurized, I don't think I have seen that before. I'm just dreaming I can't afford any of these systems at the moment but I like to keep up with whats is new.
Sponsored