First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Set UP Operator
Hello everyone... I have the sport package with the magnetic painted aluminum wheels. Do these wheels also have clearcoat? Are they 2 stage painted like the body paint? I want to get some polish for them. They are fairly easy to clean right now and I am assuming if I can get the right polish to maybe keep so much brake dust and such from sticking to them. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Hello everyone... I have the sport package with the magnetic painted aluminum wheels. Do these wheels also have clearcoat? Are they 2 stage painted like the body paint? I want to get some polish for them. They are fairly easy to clean right now and I am assuming if I can get the right polish to maybe keep so much brake dust and such from sticking to them. Any suggestions?
I’d suggest any polish you’d use on your body painted panels on the wheels. Polish won’t keep brake dust off and wax won’t either. You should look into a ceramic coating for your wheels, best option for the application you’re looking for.

OP
OP

afbryant

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Set UP Operator
Thanks john, I will probably go look into it tomorrow

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Wheels are clearcoated. I wax mine. I stopped using wheel cleaner because they don't show much brake dust anyway and it took the wax off and then they got dirtier faster.
Sponsored