First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Super cab
Occupation
Retired Postal Worker
Has anyone tried to paint their center wheel hub caps? I have the silver grey oem wheels and tried to purchase the center caps in black but got ones that don't fit. I want to change them out for black. I am changing out my silver lug nuts also to black. (Already purchased them). After popping one of the centers out I thought it might be cheaper to paint them or plastidip them. I'm getting the 2" level kit installed in a week.
DSC_0466.JPG
I checked the search but nothing came up. Any help would appreciated.
Sponsored

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone tried to paint their center wheel hub caps? I have the silver grey oem wheels and tried to purchase the center caps in black but got ones that don't fit. I want to change them out for black. I am changing out my silver lug nuts also to black. (Already purchased them). After popping one of the centers out I thought it might be cheaper to paint them or plastidip them. I'm getting the 2" level kit installed in a week.
DSC_0466.JPG
I checked the search but nothing came up. Any help would appreciated.
Assuming they are currently painted, they should take new paint no problem. If you want permanent, a light scuff with ~400 grit paper or green scotch pad should be all the prep needed. Try not to cut through the paint and expose the plastic underneath, it may react differently to fresh paint. Use real paint not plastic dip.

If just temporary or you don't mind touching up chips, clean them, de-grease them and shoot them with plasti-dip. It can be peeled off easily if you don't like it.