Order Question - electronic locking differential vs open differential

sodakchuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ranger 4x4
I preordered an XLT supercrew 4X4 with the electronic locking differential and when I first checked the order tracking website that option was clearly shown in the order; last night when I went back to the site the order showed the 3.73 open differential rather than the e-locking. My question: who should I contact regarding this? I don't think this an issue I take my local dealer. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Refresh your screen and it will correct, mine does the same thing also.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
I see a similar issue with my order on the tracking site. In the pkg. section 302A has an empty bullet point. The missing verbiage is the "8 way power driver and passenger heated seats with lumbar support". The build site shows it in the 302A pkg. Refresh doesn't correct it.

OP
OP

sodakchuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ranger 4x4
My order page also says open differential even though I ordered a locking differential.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

229B33EB-8095-49B2-B2E1-BCDE5F753C53.png
Thanks, I will continue monitoring as my build date 2/04.

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
Same mine lists open differential and my original build sheet lists E Locker

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Everything I've read shows the Ranger includes Ford's standard trac-lok limited slip rear diff as standard on rear axles (and front for 4x4). The e-locker is of course optional.

The limited slip in my Dakota is very tight and never had an issue where a locker would have made the difference somewhere. Is the Ford trac-lok not very aggressive or is the e-locker just better for extremely uneven surfaces? Like one wheel on ice and the other pushed up against a rock kind of situation.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Everything I've read shows the Ranger includes Ford's standard trac-lok limited slip rear diff as standard on rear axles (and front for 4x4). The e-locker is of course optional.

The limited slip in my Dakota is very tight and never had an issue where a locker would have made the difference somewhere. Is the Ford trac-lok not very aggressive or is the e-locker just better for extremely uneven surfaces? Like one wheel on ice and the other pushed up against a rock kind of situation.
The standard Ranger axles are not limited slip...they are just plain old "open" differentials. And the front differential is non slip and there is no option for a e-locker

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
Mine correctly updated to show the locker today. I have no build date now thought

MadMartigan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I ordered a 4x4 w/o the rear locker. Is the rear locker something that can be added easily by the dealer down the road or is it something that can only be done during the biuld.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I ordered a 4x4 w/o the rear locker. Is the rear locker something that can be added easily by the dealer down the road or is it something that can only be done during the biuld.
During the build. It would require swapping out the axle assy afterwards.

ajvester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Thanks. I figured it had to be done during build
You can always add an aftermarket locker like ARB or Detroit. You basically replace the innards of the diff with the aftermarket part and you can either get a auto locker, electric locker or air locker.
Sponsored