Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate Management
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, I currently am riding on 265/70R17 ridge grapplers and cannot stand them. The vibrations I get on the highway are so bad when people are with me they ask me what the hell is wrong with my truck. I have tried all ranges of tire pressures and have had them traditionally and road force balanced multiple times at different shops. I know most people love them, but I must have gotten a crap set.

At this point I am looking to change up the tires and have heard great things about the Open Country A/T 3. 90% of my driving is on pavement, and the other 10% is usually forrest service roads, so no real off-roading. While I do like the look of the more aggressive tires, at this point I am willing to sacrifice some looks for acceptable highway performance. Does anyone have any experience with the open countries? Open to other options as well, just have to get this problem fixed.
Sponsored

Bertbronco

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Occupation
Sales
My tire dealer was pointing me to those. I have same driving habits and he steered me away from more expensive off road thinking those would be better for what I wanted and still looked good.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
If you look at my thread 2 down from yours you'd see they are great but I to am dealing with vibration due to one tire but america's tire is ordering me a new one.

They are great but my next tire will be general grabbers.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Hello everyone, I currently am riding on 265/70R17 ridge grapplers and cannot stand them. The vibrations I get on the highway are so bad when people are with me they ask me what the hell is wrong with my truck. I have tried all ranges of tire pressures and have had them traditionally and road force balanced multiple times at different shops. I know most people love them, but I must have gotten a crap set.

At this point I am looking to change up the tires and have heard great things about the Open Country A/T 3. 90% of my driving is on pavement, and the other 10% is usually forrest service roads, so no real off-roading. While I do like the look of the more aggressive tires, at this point I am willing to sacrifice some looks for acceptable highway performance. Does anyone have any experience with the open countries? Open to other options as well, just have to get this problem fixed.
My on/off road driving ratio is similar to yours and the OEM Hankooks are actually not a bad compromise. If I had to get new tires today I would look for a similar road biased AT like the Cooper AT3 4s, Pirelli Scorpion AT or the Hankook AT2. For a bit more aggressive tire, the Toyo and and General Grabbers (OEM on the Tremor) look like great options.

waloud

First Name
Whitaker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LB Ranger
I went with the Toyo AT3 and love them. No problems with them, and they seem just as quiet as the factory tires.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Love my AT3's. I went with 265/70R18 size and had them mounted last year. I'm at 25k miles so far with almost no road noise, good wear, and they got excellent traction in snow, ice, and rain so far. On the farm and out at the range, they've performed like any other AT tires with wet grass and mud. I'll buy another set of them when it comes time to replace these.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
I have AT2 and they drive great. What is the difference between AT2 and AT3?
I had AT2's on my F250 awhile back and they were fantastic tires. I don't see a ton of differences in them other than some subtle tread pattern changes and what might be a better snow rating.

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
Been eyeing up some AT3s as well (want to go to 265/70 on the stock 17s), and good to see the positive reviews!

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking at the AT3's as well.... The SL Rated 265/70/r18 tires are only 8lbs heavier than my stock Hancooks.... :thumbsup:

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 5.02.05 PM.png

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Been eyeing up some AT3s as well (want to go to 265/70 on the stock 17s), and good to see the positive reviews!
I got a chance to use them off-road a little more at Reveille Peak Ranch last weekend where it was slimy and muddy all over. They never missed a beat and cleaned out really well. I engaged the rear locker and even drove up a few decently steep inclines that were covered in mud so that I could park in a better spot to load and unload firearms in the bed.

While at the hotel, as an added treat, we got to check out a new Bronco. It sounds like the 2022 Ranger will change to its chassis and possibly have a 2.7 or 3.0 if a Ranger Raptor is offered. I may not own a 2020 Ranger in 2 years. ?
4981DD80-268F-412C-9F64-CC926C9BE2FA.jpeg

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Added side note........ fuel mileage was 20.8mpg from Marble Falls to Dallas with an average speed of 96mph (roughly 3hrs straight). RPMs were right at 2000 and it sat in 10th gear.

allegedly of course ?

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Added side note........ fuel mileage was 20.8mpg from Marble Falls to Dallas with an average speed of 96mph (roughly 3hrs straight). RPMs were right at 2000 and it sat in 10th gear.

allegedly of course ?
Do you have the SL or LT spec AT3's?

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Do you have the SL or LT spec AT3's?
SL ..... I didn’t want to add any more weight than necessary to the truck.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Prior to delivery in 7/2020, I planned to have my dealer install Wildpeak AT3's. My Service Advisor convinced me to buy Toyo Open Country AT3's. Had them install Toyo Open Country AT3 LT265/70R17 together with the Ford Performance Tuned Fox 2.0 Level kit.

Great on and off road. After rugged rock roads, not a scratch on the sidewalls and few stuck stones. Road trips average 22-25MPG. Yes, heavier... and a little more "clunk" with potholes. If I didn't drive on rocky roads, I would not have bought LT's.

I bought a fifth matching tire and OEM wheel to have a proper spare.

Couldn't be happier.

Image 1542.png

Image 658.png

Image 1548.png

Image 1550.png
Sponsored