First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
After watching this video: I was intrigued enough to give Tom Woods a call.

They are well aware of the problems with the Rangers and the two piece driveshaft related issues. They told me they are in the final stages of their design and should be able to start shipping custom one piece driveshafts to customers within two months.

Of note, I spoke to Sean when I called and they said they’re making a list of those interested and as they are available they will call them. I am #2 on the list. If you guys are interested I suggest you call and put yourselves down.

He said the price could be anywhere from $500 to $600 which is a little steep, but I’d gladly pay it to stop the vibration issues. They’ll be shipped ready to be bolted on by the average Joe.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Here in Vegas we have one of the best drive shaft manufacturers in the nation and most likely the world.

Did you ask Adam’s driveshaft about what they can do? Simple drive to the East side of town to their shop.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Here in Vegas we have one of the best drive shaft manufacturers in the nation and most likely the world.

Did you ask Adam’s driveshaft about what they can do? Simple drive to the East side of town to their shop.
Funny you ask, I went and met with John. Said he made a one piece for another ranger owner who was having the same issue as me. However, when I asked him the diameter of the shaft he made, he said 3” which doesn’t seem right to me. I’m no expert by any means, but I feel ours should be 5”, at minimum 4” from the research I’ve done.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I believe Adam’s are solid and I t’s warrantied forever against failure. Rock crawlers and racers live off of Adam’s driveshafts reputation.

I wouldn’t try to second guess Adam’s products vs another companies dimension. Local business and a long history of performance. They ship shafts all across the globe. Not saying Woods is bad, but it is nice to be able to drive down and have them install it for you. And if ever a problem no shipping to deal with. Local and faster.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I believe Adam’s are solid and I t’s warrantied forever against failure. Rock crawlers and racers live off of Adam’s driveshafts reputation.

I wouldn’t try to second guess Adam’s products vs another companies dimension. Local business and a long history of performance. They ship axles all across the globe. Not saying Woods is bad, but it is nice to be able to drive down and have them install it for you. And if ever a problem no shipping to deal with. Local and faster.
I’ve heard the same thing about them, however when I was there he didn’t inspire confidence to be honest. He said something about not having the parts and having to modify something, which I don’t want because if I ever have engine/tranny issues I want to be able to easily swap my stock shaft in as I know dealership will try and blame the new shaft for the issue/failure. If I was out of warranty maybe

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Ahh ok gotcha.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Ahh ok gotcha.
Yeah I was really hoping he had a solution for me. If he would have told me what Sean told me, as far as giving me a custom one piece but leaving my current shaft alone, I probably would have done it then and there.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
What vibration issues?
Highway vibration that starts right at 69-70. Confirmed driveline vibration by the driveline expert that took it for a test drive

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
You have to wonder why Ford would manufacture a two piece when a one piece would cost less for them. There is more to this than a simple swap out

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Highway vibration that starts right at 69-70. Confirmed driveline vibration by the driveline expert that took it for a test drive
What are the symptoms like? I've experienced slight vibrations but not consistent so I chalk it up to pavement...

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
What are the symptoms like? I've experienced slight vibrations but not consistent so I chalk it up to pavement...
I could be in the smoothest of roads. Feels like I’m driving over rumble strips. Feel it mainly under my seat and can see my passenger seat vibrating. Everyone who’s been in my truck has felt it. Been through 4 sets of tires and like 6 balances so ain’t tires. My NVH app also confirms its driveline.
Sponsored