Oil in Shocks

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I suppose I’m the only one on here who was unaware that there is oil in shocks? Who knew?? Took ‘Ol Butterscotch to have the oil changed and found out my front shocks are leaking oil.?‍♀ Thankfully, still under warranty. Should be in the first part of the week. Hopefully.:sun:
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I suppose I’m the only one on here who was unaware that there is oil in shocks? Who knew?? Took ‘Ol Butterscotch to have the oil changed and found out my front shocks are leaking oil.?‍♀ Thankfully, still under warranty. Should be in the first part of the week. Hopefully.:sun:
Glad they caught it now while it's under warranty. Did you have them check the blinker fluid? ?

Blinker Fluid.jpg

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Glad they caught it Tracy. When I switched out for Bilstein 5100s my fx4 front shocks where both leaking. The rears are dry

Last edited:

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, many years ago I had replaced the struts in my car with lifetime gaurantee ones. A few years latter the car was starting to wollow in turns so I went back to collect on the gaurantee and the service manager came out, bounced the car and proclaimed they were fine. He would not honer the gaurentee because they were not leaking. I went home and stuck a needle down along the shaft and pierced the seal. Took the car for a ride so it pumped oil all over the strut and went back and got my new struts.
Sponsored