Oil Catch Can. Yes or No?

jblc

First Name
JB
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
You have a 21 XLT so you have a brake booster, I inserted the T fitting between the last valve and the booster itself. I used something like THIS with the small 1/4 nipple facing the fender and just a short 2" piece of line with a slip on cap, as its a vacuum source it won't come off. Easy to pull the cap and insert the straw from the CRC can and inject the cleaner. I cut the booster line at the arrow in the photo for the T fitting.
edit... NOT the arrow on the electrical plug LOL.
Ah, awesome -- thank you :)
Advertisement

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Have you had a chance to use the CRC GDI intake valve cleaner yet? Is this product tested and verified to not cause issues and help with the carbon buildup? I just found it earlier today browsing youtube and took a shot searching for it on here and found your post, so thought i'd ask.
I used the CRC GDI cleaner every other oil change on my two Ecoboost Mustangs, never got around to snaking my bore scope down into the intake to take a look at the valves to see how good it was doing. Did see a YouTube video where some took pictures before and after and it made a very noticeable improvement. The engine had a lot of build up and based on the video I would think if you start using it early and do it regularly it would keep build up at bay.

FWIW, CRC has been around since the 40s and has always been a very reputable company with solid products. I have a soft spot for them because when I was an incoming freshman engineering student they provided all the engineering students with a copy of their engineering math tables and a copy of the mechanical engineers handbook. For a broke college student that was pretty significant.

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
I used the CRC GDI cleaner every other oil change on my two Ecoboost Mustangs, never got around to snaking my bore scope down into the intake to take a look at the valves to see how good it was doing. Did see a YouTube video where some took pictures before and after and it made a very noticeable improvement. The engine had a lot of build up and based on the video I would think if you start using it early and do it regularly it would keep build up at bay.

FWIW, CRC has been around since the 40s and has always been a very reputable company with solid products. I have a soft spot for them because when I was an incoming freshman engineering student they provided all the engineering students with a copy of their engineering math tables and a copy of the mechanical engineers handbook. For a broke college student that was pretty significant.
In your opinion should this treatment be done prior to an oil change or does it matter?

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 Black Cadillac XT5
In your opinion should this treatment be done prior to an oil change or does it matter?
I have always done that kind of thing just prior to an oil change.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I always did it first then the oil change. Mainly to get the oil warm so it would drain faster and more completely. Can't imagine it would really make a difference.

Advertisement

Advertisement