Official 2023 Maverick Tremor Release! – Specs, Pics, Videos. Priced @ $2,995 ?

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
It's a neat concept but I don't see the point. Seems like in the Maverick application it's more of an appearance package. Yeah it can do some things that a regular Maverick can't do. But the Tremor package is pushed as a true off-roader. The Maverick just can't. I could never take this out on the beach without getting stuck.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's a neat concept but I don't see the point. Seems like in the Maverick application it's more of an appearance package. Yeah it can do some things that a regular Maverick can't do. But the Tremor package is pushed as a true off-roader. The Maverick just can't. I could never take this out on the beach without getting stuck.
It's a little more than just an appearance package. Now I wouldn't go bombing around the dunes out in CA with one. lol As far as going on the beach, you could probably go on there but as with any vehicle you're going to have to know it's limitations.:wink:

• The new Tremor package is available on XLT and Lariat series trucks and includes a 1-inch lift for greater ground clearance, exclusive Trail Control™, unique off-road-tailored front and rear suspension, advanced all-wheel drive with four-wheel-drive lock and 2.0-liter EcoBoost® engine

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
It's a little more than just an appearance package. Now I wouldn't go bombing around the dunes out in CA with one. lol As far as going on the beach, you could probably go on there but as with any vehicle you're going to have to know it's limitations.:wink:

Oh I know it's more than an appearance package. But that doesn't make it a true off-road worthy vehicle like the Tremor name implies. People are going to get these things in all kinds of unrecoverable situations thinking it's something it's not.

As far as the beach yeah maybe on the hard packed sands at Daytona or other places. Here we have loose sand to get through. A unibody awd would not make it very far.

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
This is going to sell like hot cakes. Go over to Bronco 6G to see all of the pavement princess wide mud tire fitted Broncos for my supporting argument.

People do not care if the truck is capable they just want an aggressive stance and bigger tires.

Also search here for any one who put a damn rough country six inch lift on their ranger if you need more evidence.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh I know it's more than an appearance package. But that doesn't make it a true off-road worthy vehicle like the Tremor name implies.

People are going to get these things in all kinds of unrecoverable situations thinking it's something it's not.

As far as the beach yeah maybe on the hard packed sands at Daytona or other places. Here we have loose sand to get through. A unibody awd would not make it very far.
Goes back to the old saying "Never assume you understand. Ask the questions".

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Seems more like a slight chill than a Tremor .
Ford answers the Jeep Renegade (or fiat 500X). Sort of like a 4" Crescent wrench: yeah, you can use it, but...

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Perceived off-road worthiness is so subjective these days. Here's a video of a unibody proving that marketing strategies and names of trim levels do not an off-roader make. Have will, will travel as the adage goes.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Want to see this thing survive a run through deep mud. Bet it sinks faster than a rock!
Can't speak for mud but having seen the bronco sport badlands in action (same thing basically just without a bed) that thing is a beast the twin clutch system works brilliantly and the awd and electronics are very clever. I have seen them climbing shit out in moab and tearing up dunes. Also in person rode with one around here it performed incredibly well and went through anything I did without a whole lot of trouble if any

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I know it's more than an appearance package. But that doesn't make it a true off-road worthy vehicle like the Tremor name implies. People are going to get these things in all kinds of unrecoverable situations thinking it's something it's not.

Go watch some of the videos of dudes tearing shit up in the regular fx4 maverick, there is one dude down in mexico who does reviews and he absolutely sent it through the dunes and rocks and stuff that it should have no right getting through, yet the maverick took it all with ease. The awd system is incredibly clever in these, add in that twin clutch rear and youve got a fairly potent rig just look at the stuff they did with the bronco sport bandlands out in moab

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
You wouldn't get stuck unless you drove really stupidly, I will try to find it and post it but there is a reviewer down in mexico who took a stock fx4 mav not even a tremor and did some crazy crap with it dunes rocks all that and it didnt falter at all.
Sponsored