Official 2023 Maverick Tremor Release! – Specs, Pics, Videos. Priced @ $2,995 ?

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Perceived off-road worthiness is so subjective these days. Here's a video of a unibody proving that marketing strategies and names of trim levels do not an off-roader make. Have will, will travel as the adage goes.

my first thought was, " if I didnt own that thing, sure id force it up and over" lol. I think many setups would surprise me what it can do if i was not worried about damages etc.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
my first thought was, " if I didnt own that thing, sure id force it up and over" lol. I think many setups would surprise me what it can do if i was not worried about damages etc.
That has always been the question. We’ll do you feel lucky today? We’ll do ya!?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don’t know about that. The Ranger at least with the Tremor package and Fox shocks has a better suspension then a lot of F-150 models.
Oh I agree it was an inside joke from another thread. :wink:

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Well, go buy one then. Fixating on what others think is a bit creepy.
It’s appears it’s co
Saw this on FB initially - bunch of Heep guys were bashing it comparing it to Wranglers in full articulate with aftermarket suspension.

I had to laugh and took the troll bait telling them its likely for folks who wanted a Bronco sport or maybe a Fiat Compass but wanted a truck bed.

This little Maverick would be cool on fire trails or some such...naturally keep this green circle and MAYBE some blue square - MAYBE.

D
no double black diamonds ??? ?

ThatPRDude

First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
I like it.

Many would be surprised by what modern 4WD vehicles with all the electronic assistance built into them can do. We tend to have a bias because we love our "real truck" Rangers, and I certainty would not trade it in for a Maverick, but having a "truck" than can get around effortlessly in the city and tackle some light to medium trails in the weekends would be game changer for some.

Just my 2¢

Last edited:

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I like it.

Many would be surprised by what modern 4WD vehicles with all the electronic assistance built into them. We tend to have a bias because we love our "real truck" Rangers, and I certainty would not trade it in for a Maverick, but having a "truck" than can get around effortlessly in the city and tackle some light to medium trails in the weekends would be game changer for some.

Just my 2¢
No low range is what kills them in any serious offroad setting, followed by lack of lockers, or extreme hurdles adding lockers aftermarket.

The locking diff is a god send for the Maverick, that alone is worth the package cost to me.

The original Jeep Cherokee is a unibody and they are beasts off-road, but they have solid axles and a transfer case.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
No low range is what kills them in any serious offroad setting, followed by lack of lockers, or extreme hurdles adding lockers aftermarket.

The locking diff is a god send for the Maverick, that alone is worth the package cost to me.

The original Jeep Cherokee is a unibody and they are beasts off-road, but they have solid axles and a transfer case.
Yeah the one thing it really lacks is that 4 lo any other issues the computer and the twin clutch more than make up for

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I like it.

Many would be surprised by what modern 4WD vehicles with all the electronic assistance built into them can do. We tend to have a bias because we love our "real truck" Rangers, and I certainty would not trade it in for a Maverick, but having a "truck" than can get around effortlessly in the city and tackle some light to medium trails in the weekends would be game changer for some.

Just my 2¢
100 percent

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this on FB initially - bunch of Heep guys were bashing it comparing it to Wranglers in full articulate with aftermarket suspension.

I had to laugh and took the troll bait telling them its likely for folks who wanted a Bronco sport or maybe a Fiat Compass but wanted a truck bed.

This little Maverick would be cool on fire trails or some such...naturally keep this green circle and MAYBE some blue square - MAYBE.

D
jeep guys are the most insecure childish and diluted enthusiast group I have ever encountered, they are probably still butthurt a stock bronco runs circles around their aftermarket upgraded jeeps so they go and pick on the little brother who can't fight back. And the best part is with how stupidly a lot of them drive and how unskilled a lot of them are the maverick tremor could still probably get you a lot further with even an average skilled driver than your average wrangler driver lol

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah having seen the crazy crap people have put mavericks and bronco sport badlands through most people will be blown away by how far these things can get, with the modern tcs system and terrain modes you really don't need a locker though having one is going to be better the computer can get you like 90 percent there capability wise, unfortunately there is no way to replace not having 4 lo, yet at least

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I like it.

Just my 2¢
The thing is these "soft roaders" can't even tackle medium difficulty trails reliably.

I run a local mtb trail building crew and lead volunteers out to do trail maintenance. Stock 2WD pickup trucks get around perfectly on the washed out service roads. Everyone driving a unibody soft roader sweats their way down the trail and actually risks damage. These are not even remotely difficult trails.

The maverick is a city truck and is best left on the pavement

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Perceived off-road worthiness is so subjective these days. Here's a video of a unibody proving that marketing strategies and names of trim levels do not an off-roader make. Have will, will travel as the adage goes.

The Cherokee Trailhawk is the most capable of all the compact SUVs. It has a rear locker, hi-lo range transaxle, trail management, different front and rear facias to improve approach/departure angles and off-road gauges in the dash.

Folks on the Cherokee forum seem to be able to go anywhere a Wrangler can go since many of them travel with Wrangler groups.

Last edited:

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Literally all he did was respond to your post, which is literally the point of a forum. Untwist your panties.

Anyway, if I was interested in a unibody vehicle I'd be all over the Maverick Tremor. The Bronco Sport Badlands can do some really surprising stuff once lifted, the AWD system is the real deal:

C5261B97-1143-4E94-9B9E-B90AE87E193D.jpeg

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The Cherokee Trailhawk is the most capable of all the compact SUVs. It has a rear locker, hi-lo range transaxle, trail management, different front and rear facias to improve approach/departure angles and off-road gauges in the dash.

Folks on the Cherokee forum seem to be able to go anywhere a Wrangler can go since many of them travel with Wrangler groups.
Went out to North Georgia in June with my buddy. I was in a wrangler on 33s and he was in a grand cherokee Trail Hawk. He has the hemi, air suspension and everything. We spent hours in one spot because he got stuck on the main trail at Beasley Knob OHV. This was just a double track route from which all the actual trails branch off - not really a difficult path.

Ground clearance is a major draw back on these things. Bigger tires screw up the air suspension because ride height auto adjusts with vehicle speed. All it takes is one rock that is like an inch too tall to completely stop the show. Solid skid plates though.

It's a really nice SUV, excellent road trip vehicle, and great for easy trails, but not much more than that.
Sponsored