First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
LOL great pics Doc ! At the last house I had in Maryland I went through about 100lbs of corn every week year round feeding deer and turkeys and of course tree rats.I had a large coffee can with about 8 lbs of corn in it that I would shake to make noise. You could just stand there and listen to branches breaking in the woods and from all directions turkey,deer would come a running,sometimes they were so excited they would almost run you over. Funny to see the deer ,turkey and tree rats all eating together. I fed them for 8 years and had several nice 8 pointers and one HUGE 11 pointer that had to be 275lbs. Every few months the squirrels would get out of hand and I would trap and relocate them or the 80+ nesting pair of bald eagles we had would wait for me to put out corn and they would sit on my roof and then swoop down and rip their head right off!! Eagles claws were rough on my roof shingles. Squirrels are like pigs,if it rained and deer didnt come out 2 of them would sit there and eat 8 lbs of corn! You could roll them away. Keep the pictures coming,Bret

OP
OP
Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
LOL great pics Doc ! At the last house I had in Maryland I went through about 100lbs of corn every week year round feeding deer and turkeys and of course tree rats.I had a large coffee can with about 8 lbs of corn in it that I would shake to make noise. You could just stand there and listen to branches breaking in the woods and from all directions turkey,deer would come a running,sometimes they were so excited they would almost run you over. Funny to see the deer ,turkey and tree rats all eating together. I fed them for 8 years and had several nice 8 pointers and one HUGE 11 pointer that had to be 275lbs. Every few months the squirrels would get out of hand and I would trap and relocate them or the 80+ nesting pair of bald eagles we had would wait for me to put out corn and they would sit on my roof and then swoop down and rip their head right off!! Eagles claws were rough on my roof shingles. Squirrels are like pigs,if it rained and deer didnt come out 2 of them would sit there and eat 8 lbs of corn! You could roll them away. Keep the pictures coming,Bret
Yes, I scatter corn every day there are 6 deer on it now but it’s too dark to photo with my crappy IPad...
Our deer down here are dwarfed compared to Maryland deer !
Regards

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Xlt Sport Supercrew 2wd
I've hit a couple of those MD deer, he's not kidding lol. My property is surrounded by protected Civil War land that can't be hunted (they bring in shooters to keep the population down occasionally). Hopefully I don't get my Ranger sighted in any time soon.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Yes, I scatter corn every day there are 6 deer on it now but it’s too dark to photo with my crappy IPad...
Our deer down here are dwarfed compared to Maryland deer !
Regards
We have tons of deer at our cabin and they are used to people.

feed deer.jpg