OEM nudge bars and front Ranger sensors.

SheepDogRain-Jar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019.5 Ford Ranger XLT CPR
Occupation
Retired LEO/Retired Military/Doctoral Student
I hope this has not been discussed before (but I’m sure with this group I will be taken to the wood shed...). I would like to install a nudge (bull) bar to the front of my 2019.5 Ranger; and I am concerned about the front sensors. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Can I drill holes in the nudge bar and reinstall them? Can I disconnect them (they are already annoying when I drive through a field of just hay). Does anyone else have a suggestion or have solved this problem.
I was thinking of purchasing a nudge bar with LED lights installed. Any suggestions on this is also appreciated.
Sponsored

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
There is a button to turn them off while in the hay fields.

jubalr

First Name
Jubal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Sport
Occupation
Retired
I bought the Black Horse Bull Bar and modified it. The center cross bar was blocking the AEB radar unit. So I cut it off and raised it. I removed the 2 small bottom pieces hoping that it would not block the parking sensors, but it still does. So now when I get in my truck, I just turn off the parking sensors. Don't need them anyway. AEB and cruise work fine.
The first image is what I started with and 2nd is how it looks now..
Capture.JPG

IMG_20200625_113354.jpg
Sponsored