Oem Ford bedliner vs. Line X spray in liner?

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Good evening all. Was trying to figure out if I should use the Ford drop in liner or spend the money on a Line X spray in. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Reactions: GOR

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Good evening all. Was trying to figure out if I should use the Ford drop in liner or spend the money on a Line X spray in. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance.
I have used bed mats in the past. This time I got the Line-X type spray in liner in my 2019 Ranger.
It is amazing!
I have used it for everything from hauling furniture to a five week camping trip.
Not a scratch anywhere, Durable, and beautiful and worth every cent.
On older trucks I have seen good drop-in style liners removed to reveal a rusted out box.
I hate the way they hold water. and they are slicker than snot on a brass door knob.
Nothing stays put in a drop liner.

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
The Line-X liner is great. The truck I chose didn’t have Ford’s spray in liner, so they took it to Line-X as part of our deal. It’s way nicer than the drop in liner that my last Ranger had. Looks better than the current drop in too

redraidereat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Definitely go Line-X. Much better quality and a lifetime warranty. I cant recall what the Ford one was, but it was pretty short. As mentioned above, mine also didn't come with a liner. I planned it that way specifically so I could work the Line-X intonthe deal.

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
about 2 weeks after my purchase I ordered the Ford drop in liner to provide some protection and also because there aren't any spray in liner company's in my small town.
I regret the purchase and am planning on taking it out and have the bed sprayed. My reasons are the bed is not big to begin with and the drop in just further shrinks it and also as stated it's so slick I have to tie down everything I haul or it's slamming all over the bed.
100% I wish I had done the spray in liner and then if worried add a thin rubber mat to protect from stuff just tossed in.
I did recently call the dealer about them lining it and they just take it to a 3rd party at this point

CMJT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Subaru Outback
Good choice. Line-X is awesome.

OP
OP
Firestud5

Firestud5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2.
Occupation
Fire Captain (Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I will be paying $610 with my military discount. Always pay more here in Communist California.

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
Line-X premium here in VA is $650, so I went with the Bullet brand spray in liner for $500 and lifetime warranty. The person who started Bullet Liner is supposed to be one of the original creators of line-X. I just got mine done on Wednesday from the same shop who did my lift and it looks great, I will update later about durability.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
There is another option, the Ford OEM spray-in "Tough Bed," which is what I did. It seems to be well done, with nice, even coverage, and I have not had any trouble with it so far, although I do not haul a ton of stuff like some guys, and so it may not have been really tested. I added a Rough Country bed mat, just to stop things from rolling around, and because it is easier on the knees when I am back there.

Last edited:

GOR

First Name
GLENN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger Lariat & 2016 Expedition-King Ranch
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
I have had several F-150s and several bed liners - I would never buy another drop-in. I have had two with Line-X and this liner is truly outstanding, However, I currently have a 2019 Ranger (HCPR) with BLACK package which came with a Ford "Spray-In" liner which I am very happy with, but this is a factory install.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Let me join the chorus in favor of Line-X. I got their middle version and it was reasonable and looks much better than factory. Salesman did not push the factory and the local place they recommended was not really cheaper than Line-X.
Sponsored