First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
2021 tremor xlt and love it. Today though I was driving for about 10 min and was at a light about to make a 90 degree left turn. It had a blinking yellow arrow so as soon as traffic had a break I was going to hit the gas and go. So I did and the truck lagged. It went but not very fast and I really thought I was going to get hit in the back end. I felt the pedal push in but not much power. Then I had to step on it again to try to get it moving. Dangerous and scary. Never had that in any vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JalanX

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project manager
Also I think I read somewhere about something similar. Maybe to do with steering angle sensor and turning or something??

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Haven't experienced anything like that with mine. Going on 5,100miles

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Did you try to replicated it? Same turning angle / throttle position

OP
OP
JalanX

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project manager
Did you try to replicated it? Same turning angle / throttle position
I was thinking of that. I will do it tomorrow on my way home in same place.

OP
OP
JalanX

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project manager
It happens. Low rpm, low airflow, the turbo is basically sitting there.
Kinda figured. All I’ve ever mostly driven is 4L V6 and old XJ straight 6 so it’s my first turbo. And I have done many fast left turns but most aren’t sharp 90 degree as this was an odd area. And I swear it read a thread about steering angle sensor causing something just like this and he had it on his older vehicles and they were saying maybe fixing it with forscan. Been doing a lot of learning about these engines/or even any ecoboost turbo the past 3 months I’ve owned it. Anyone know of any great vids about our engines.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Sometimes less throttle is more.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know if it relates or not but the wifes MB GLK with its NA V6 will lag if you give it wide open throttle . I've learned not to depress the pedal all the way when I merge into traffic since I feel like I'm about to get rear ended at any time if I do . Sometimes the nannies are more dangerous than helpful :(

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
2021 tremor xlt and love it. Today though I was driving for about 10 min and was at a light about to make a 90 degree left turn. It had a blinking yellow arrow so as soon as traffic had a break I was going to hit the gas and go. So I did and the truck lagged. It went but not very fast and I really thought I was going to get hit in the back end. I felt the pedal push in but not much power. Then I had to step on it again to try to get it moving. Dangerous and scary. Never had that in any vehicle.
Was stop start on ?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
As others have mentioned it is the turbo lag. You will get used to how to drive it. Usually 30-40 pedal position first second and then lay into it will get you what you want with little to no boost lag. Do what me and doc do, trac off and auto start off. Seatbelt, two clicks, fix temperature and music, check messages on phone before driving and vehicle had time to settle in and drive well.

The last part is really just peace of mind but I always get better driving situations when I let my rpms drop from 1200 to 900 after 30 seconds of starting up the vehicle. You can physically hear the rpms drop too and settle in.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat

I have experienced the same thing. I think I caused it by starting to go then hesitating then going all very rapidly and it seems the engine isnt sure what to do . I bought a BMW 740 in 2000 after having several prior BMW's, it had the same weird throttle response. When I complained to the dealer they said "welcome to the world of drive by wire throttles"

I dont like "drive by wire" and I am sure it has something to do with it. but I will learn to live with it.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I have experienced the same thing. I think I caused it by starting to go then hesitating then going all very rapidly and it seems the engine isnt sure what to do . I bought a BMW 740 in 2000 after having several prior BMW's, it had the same weird throttle response. When I complained to the dealer they said "welcome to the world of drive by wire throttles"

I dont like "drive by wire" and I am sure it has something to do with it. but I will learn to live with it.
Good mention, the key is to hold whatever you decide to do, the second you let off the pedal it will lower the gear. Trust me I know, hissing at everyone makes me very aware of how our engine/transmission works. I have visited all spectrums of driving in this, I stress test it as much as I can.
Sponsored