Nothing nasty, but...

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Went up to Colorado for an elk hunt with my son this weekend. Didn't get an elk, but had a nice visit, hunt & got in a bit of exercise for me & the truck. The "road" was a narrow switchback climb up into a high area with lots of rocks, tight bends & inclines in 4X4 low.

The truck did better than I did. I'm not usually up to walking around at 10,000' + so I went slowly. Saw some mule deer & an elk or two, but the guys who were getting them were riding horses & mules into the high stuff on a trail. Bull elk in Colorado means a 4 point rack, nothing smaller...
Road.jpg

Here's a crop of the road, it's a nice ride for the truck, steep, tight & rocky. At some point I'll replace the stock tires, but with the truck completely stock, it did well enough. There were some really bad rocky uphill climbs just chugging along in low. It was a good work-out for the Ranger. The map shows a "road" going up the north fork of the Purgatorie river to a summit. We stopped at 10,200' to park on a switchback roll out, for a stroll along the contour line towards the lake.
Purg.jpg
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
You cant beat fall in the Elk woods. Every year we go even without a tag just to listen to the music. I am very happy with my Ranger on the desert trails. :rockon: