First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, Trailer & Sport Packages
Occupation
Senior Director of Operations
Anyone living in the norther IL or southern WI area? I'm currently in the Rockford area. Just got my new 2020 Ranger in early September.
Sponsored

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
You're not alone! I'm Between Sharon, Wi and Capron, IL. Been in the Ranger since June. Loving it.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Byron. Where did you order your trucks - the time is coming soon and would like to find a dealer that is good to work with.

OP
OP
RangerEd

RangerEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, Trailer & Sport Packages
Occupation
Senior Director of Operations
I'm in Byron. Where did you order your trucks - the time is coming soon and would like to find a dealer that is good to work with.
I initially did a lot of research online and knew what I wanted, along with accessories, before I visited a dealer. The closest I got was working with Rock River Ford in Rockford. They found the truck I wanted at another dealer but I could not get them to come down where I wanted them to be. I then researched more myself, found the truck with everything I wanted in Peoria, and purchased it from them directly. They were willing to knock another $1,400 off the price for me which is right where I needed to be. I happened to be visiting friends in the area so it was not difficult for me to go to the dealer and work with the salesman, and then to return a couple weeks later to pick up the truck with the accessories I wanted.

SeeThruCar

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Sys Admin
I'm in the far NW burbs of Chicago, near Lake Zurich/Mundelein/Long Grove but I also have a lake house near Galena so I travel the far northern part of Illinois end-to-end.

Just picked up a 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor in Carbonized Gray at Arlington Heights Ford. I got lucky, was exactly what I would have ordered. Showed up in the Ford inventory search as dealer ordered. Verified with the dealer that it was a dealer order for inventory and not a customer order, put a down payment on it over the phone and it happened to arrive the same day. I picked it up the next business day. :rockon:

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
2019 for sale with 21k on the clock. Contact me directly for details. Truck is perfect in every way. Started a new job 8 mos ago that included a company vehicle and it just sits in the garage under a cover now.

Meech_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2021 VW Tiguan R-Line
Pleasant Prairie, WI over here. Always looking for a ranger meet for camping or trails sometime.

Just seems like we have to drive 8-10 hours for decent offroading for us haha.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Pleasant Prairie, WI over here. Always looking for a ranger meet for camping or trails sometime.

Just seems like we have to drive 8-10 hours for decent offroading for us haha.
I agree; I've been searching for places to off-road since before actually ordering the truck. Illinois has nothing until you're all the way down to Carbondale area. I keep digging for Wisconsin sites but I haven't found anything. I would be interested in a meetup with some of us if anyone finds a place..

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone interested in a Gator SFX tri-fold tonneau? It's like new - only been on since November. I honestly love the look and it's been great but I'm changing to a retractable cover in order to get the rack I want.

If you're willing to drive to Byron IL, it's yours for the cost of a beer. If you want to meet somewhere in the region, it's yours for $50.

PM if interested.
Sponsored