Noisy Suspension - Strut? UCA Bolt? Upper Ball Joint?

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
Bladimir,

I recall your post about the upper control arm making contact with the coilover‘s upper mounting bracket. I’ll DM you about that.
Was it making contact? I have the exact same sound happening with mine. Mine has the Ford/ Fox 2.0 leveling kit. Had someone rock the truck while parked and we could both feel it in the front sway bar. Not sure how to proceed next other than to take to the dealer.?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DukeCanBuildit

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Was it making contact? I have the exact same sound happening with mine. Mine has the Ford/ Fox 2.0 leveling kit. Had someone rock the truck while parked and we could both feel it in the front sway bar. Not sure how to proceed next other than to take to the dealer.?
Mine was not making contact. Not too long after I posted about this problem, I upgraded to Fox Performance 2.0 all around. I also discovered that my small breaker bar slid from the jack storage (there’s a cutout in the wall separating left and right) compartment through to the other side of the back seat area where it was rattling around underneath the rear passenger side storage compartment. I had to pull the plastic storage bin to make the discovery.

I think it was a combination of things - the breaker bar clunking around against the floor caught my attention and I think there is enough play in CVs to make the sound I “discovered” when I was trying to find a problem.

All seems fine now when I drive over bumps - I think that sound I recorded in the clip is just normal CV play and not what I was hearing in the cab.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I had couple of squeaking noise and its all amplified by the tubular arm. (1) the long bolt that holds the UCA was loose, the (2) lower bolts that mount the coils over on the bottom attached to the lower arm was loose, I just re-torqued them. (3) the piston rod of the Fox shocks was squeaking as well, I used a anti seized grease and the squeaking went away.
And yeah, my tubular UCA is touching the metal flange housing of the shocks at droop, susperlift suspension said its due to the spacer, their UCA and lift is not design for the Fox 2.0. I'll be changing the coilover is months for Eibach since they can handle 3.5 inch of lift.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This is were all the squeaking is coming from and all resonated thru the tubular UCA.
I applied anti seize grease from Ford as you can see on the piston rod of the shocks on the 3rd pics.

20220504_143258.jpg

20220513_130403.jpg

20220620_113026.jpg

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I used this to track the squeaking noise down, learned from the thread here through Duke. Have someone rock the truck and pin point the loudest part of the noise source. The 2nd pics has the anti seize grease in the middle can.

Screenshot_20220620-113742_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20220527_155847.jpg

Aaranger420

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2.2TDCI 6fwd MT
Occupation
MTU/Scania/John Deere/ Liebherr Technician
Hey guys, reviving this post. Reson being, i have a 2019 XLT crew cab, no suspension upgrades or anything. But ive been searching for a similar noise, only going over small bumpy road does it make the noise. All ends links mounts etc were checked good by the dealership. however they found the noise coming from a brace within the chassis, left side. You can see it through a hole in the main frame. Not sure what the fix is for me, but thought ill share the info incase the problems wasnt found here.
Sponsored