No, Not Again!

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Four more days of rain starting tonight. Back under the blanket for mine! (recent detail)

20200302_231149.jpg
Sponsored

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
I don't ever drive mine in rain, either. Except for this Friday. They're giving rain Thursday night and I have an appointment to get my lift installed Friday. The roads will be wet, so the wheel wells will have muck in them... Back to detailing this weekend.

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Man, I can appreciate keeping the truck clean (I've washed mine 2-days in a row now), but refusing to drive in the rain? Seems like a waste...but to each their own I suppose!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Man, I can appreciate keeping the truck clean (I've washed mine 2-days in a row now), but refusing to drive in the rain? Seems like a waste...but to each their own I suppose!
I've had vehicles that I wouldn't drive in the rain, but only because they were outright dangerous in the rain (the highly modified turbo RX-7 would switch ends in a heartbeat if the boost came on)

Keeping a vehicle overly clean is kinda like dating a super hot girl and refusing to fool around with her so that she'll be cleaner for the next guy she dates. j/k

I like to preserve my vehicles with a protective layer of dirt. Self-applying and self-maintaining :p

Nah, I do wash them. But I'm not overly concerned with them.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Four more days of rain starting tonight. Back under the blanket for mine! (recent detail)

20200302_231149.jpg
Re: tarp- Does the garage roof leak? I might be worried about surface scratches from the inside of the tarp.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I hate getting my truck dirty but I wash it as soon as the roads dry up...gotta get to work ya know?:like:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
@TylerV76 Check the leading edge of the truck bed for missing paint... I'd get something on it ASAP since it's basically missing on my truck from 2-3 miles of dirt roads each day, and I have the OEM splash guards.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
@TylerV76 Check the leading edge of the truck bed for missing paint... I'd get something on it ASAP since it's basically missing on my truck from 2-3 miles of dirt roads each day, and I have the OEM splash guards.
Where the back of the cab and the bed meet?

The paint on these trucks is pretty bad imo. Ive come to terms that I will most likely rhino line a lot of the lower portion or just deal with it. Mine is through my company so I keep them 6 years max and trade them in. In the event that I want to keep this one for me personally past that point then this thing will need some better paint or a wrap.

Deleted member 1634

I've had vehicles that I wouldn't drive in the rain, but only because they were outright dangerous in the rain (the highly modified turbo RX-7 would switch ends in a heartbeat if the boost came on)

Keeping a vehicle overly clean is kinda like dating a super hot girl and refusing to fool around with her so that she'll be cleaner for the next guy she dates. j/k

I like to preserve my vehicles with a protective layer of dirt. Self-applying and self-maintaining :p

Nah, I do wash them. But I'm not overly concerned with them.
I'm glad someone else said this. I didn't want to be the first one. haha

I'm a firm believer that things are meant to be used. I drive my truck a lot (19k miles in 9 months), haul things with it, tow things with it. Because that's what I bought it for. I'm all for doing your best to make it last as long as you can. But what's the point of doing that if you're never using it anyways. I always find it odd when someone buys a utilitarian vehicle and doesn't use it. In the same vain of buying a Jeep for driving around town. But to each his own obviously. People want what people want.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad someone else said this. I didn't want to be the first one. haha

I'm a firm believer that things are meant to be used. I drive my truck a lot (19k miles in 9 months), haul things with it, tow things with it. Because that's what I bought it for. I'm all for doing your best to make it last as long as you can. But what's the point of doing that if you're never using it anyways. I always find it odd when someone buys a utilitarian vehicle and doesn't use it. In the same vain of buying a Jeep for driving around town. But to each his own obviously. People want what people want.
You need to drive MORE :crackup:

10 months and I'm about to hit 30,000o_O:crackup: She gets dirty but on a dry day, you'd never know it...5 minute through a touchless wash and back to show room :like:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport

10 months and I'm about to hit 30,000o_O:crackup: She gets dirty but on a dry day, you'd never know it...5 minute through a touchless wash and back to show room :like:
I'm getting destroyed now... I'm only at ~26,600 (though it's vacation season right now)

Deleted member 1634

I know. I would be right there with you if I maintained my summer average of 3000+ miles a month. But in the winter we don't travel as much, so it goes down quite a bit.

I'll wash it maybe a couple times in the summer/spring/fall, and a couple times a winter to get the salt and grime off when it gets warm enough for it not to be a block of ice coming out the other end of the car wash. haha
Sponsored