No more radio

760RANGER

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger xlt
So my screen turned black yesterday after just working a few minutes before. I tried to do everything possible but nothing worked. I took it to Ford today and they said it was the APIM Module. That was going to cost $1,750 to change out. I’ll just do it myself at that point
Sponsored

JimmConnor

First Name
Jimm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Occupation
Full Stack Developer
Hello there, searching for similar info. Can someone help me? Juggling college economics homework can be demanding. Seeking help with college economics homework allows you to manage your workload more effectively, providing the support needed to excel in your studies and grasp the complexities of economic theories and applications.

Last edited:

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
So my screen turned black yesterday after just working a few minutes before. I tried to do everything possible but nothing worked. I took it to Ford today and they said it was the APIM Module. That was going to cost $1,750 to change out. I’ll just do it myself at that point
What the heck is an APIM Module?

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
What the heck is an APIM Module?
APIM = Accy Protocol Interface Module, basically the SYNC Module

When you update Sync and Nav, this is the module that is getting updated.
It is mounted on the backside of the display screen.

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor

Bullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Look into it further. Lot's of dealers are diagnosing the APIM as being shot, when it's actually the Sync 3 software that needs updated. Go to Cyanlabs online and investigate your issue.
Dealers are replacing the APIM and the issue persists. It could be the APIM, but I'd investigate further before I let them screw around with the head unit.
Mine never 'blacked out' but was acting really funky until I was able to update to the latest Sync 3 version and all was good.
Just my 2 cents.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I'm on my 4th APIM and about to cross out of warranty and it's acting up again!
If you are on the 4th, I'd say there is something else going on there, maybe bad wiring or grounding.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I agree, I have been telling them that all along, when it gets cold it goes bonkers, now when I start the truck it's on NAVI, then it jumps to AM when you hit audio, it's the worst it's been, going in next week probably.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Look into it further. Lot's of dealers are diagnosing the APIM as being shot, when it's actually the Sync 3 software that needs updated. Go to Cyanlabs online and investigate your issue.
Dealers are replacing the APIM and the issue persists. It could be the APIM, but I'd investigate further before I let them screw around with the head unit.
Mine never 'blacked out' but was acting really funky until I was able to update to the latest Sync 3 version and all was good.
Just my 2 cents.
I heard that too a few weeks ago

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
it comes in a whole upgrade kit for $189 just toss the rest of the kit in the trash
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802004324866.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt
Not bad... I had to replace the screen and the APIM in the F150 because I was going from Sync 2 to 3. Not the issue with our Rangers.

I think if my apim when out in the Ranger I would do away with ford sync all together. Under Warranty or not. This is something I would not want the dealer touching anyway. They seem to not know what they are doing in most cases.

Sponsored