First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK
Occupation
IT
I just noticed that the RR doesn't have the 3.5L like the F-150 Raptor. Why wouldn't they want this truck to be on par with the other large truck they offer? It makes no sense to me. To me, if they don't include it, it is like a major setback for the truck in general. All this size and no power seems pointless!
Sponsored

Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2015 Renegade
They likely don't want to hurt sales of the other truck. If you offer everything every other model offers, what is the point? You are just getting the same truck in a different shell. The differences on exteriors with trucks is very minimal as it is. Having the guts be different matters.

Vesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Taurus / Sold: F150 King Ranch
They likely don't want to hurt sales of the other truck. If you offer everything every other model offers, what is the point? You are just getting the same truck in a different shell. The differences on exteriors with trucks is very minimal as it is. Having the guts be different matters.
Yep the F-150 is Ford's big money maker. They'd sooner sacrifice offerings in other models before they cannibalize F-150 sales.

JorgeG

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking...
Say you have something you are well known for. Like a talent of sorts. You end up learning something new and you are really good at it too but since your association with this talent is newer, you risk ruining your credibility by putting all your eggs in the new basket. Ford doesn't want to risk hurting the sales of their top-selling truck. Plain and simple.
Sponsored