First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I put nitrogen in my tires within the first 100 miles I had in the truck. Mileage now is just shy of 25K. Pressure has been stable for the pat 2 years with only a 2 psi difference from summer to winter temps here in the NE. I have my own tank so cost is just refilling the tank when it runs out. I did 8 tires on one tank of gas. 4 of them were F150 tires too!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mine had Nitrogen from the dealer ad on. Needless to say I never filled it again with it. First time you air down going off road there goes your nitrogen. :shock:

Snake Oil.jpg

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
dealership tried to sell me that crap when i got my truck. i just laughed. i wondered why i had a little plastic bag with black valve stem covers in it in the glovebox when i picked it up. then i had different tires put on and noticed this. not sure if i briefly had nitro but if i did it was free

1667847839081.png

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
dealership tried to sell me that crap when i got my truck. i just laughed. i wondered why i had a little plastic bag with black valve stem covers in it in the glovebox when i picked it up. then i had different tires put on and noticed this. not sure if i briefly had nitro but if i did it was free

1667847839081.png
How would one know if they really filled them with N2? For all we know they may just swap the caps.

Muddy Fenders

Banned
Banned
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
The reason the dealer wants to charge you for it, is because they paid a hefty price for one of these.
they gotta cover the cost and turn a 15% profit.

1667848785123.png

I will tell you though, I don't air up or down and go offroading, so when my tires are properly topped off a standard atmospheric conditions day (20C) I don't have to dick around spring and fall adjusting my pressures. They stay pretty constant, and in a range that I can live with. Never do I go out on a cold day and see a somewhat flat tire, nor do I go out on a hot day and see one ready to burst at the seams. The nitrogen is less affected by temp changes and because the particles are bigger, less likely to find a path out as a leak.
So, for a large market of people out there, nitrogen is the best option, except for the greedy expectation to charge stupid amounts to top off your tires.

With all that being said, I am a creature of laziness...I'll pull out the air compressor long before I'll drive to the dealer to get them adjusted.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
The whole Nitrogen myth started many years ago when some racecar drivers brought nitrogen cylinders to the track... Not because nitrogen is inherently more stable , but because air compressors condense a lot of water from the atmosphere and it ends up in the tires.
Water vapor does affect tire pressure unpredictably as they heat up.
There is no significant difference between pure nitrogen and completely dry air as it relates to tire pressure.

I once saw a man sell a jug of Kool-Aid without sugar to another driver at the race track just to prove a point.
He said the orange liquid was a surface friction reducer, proving that some driver's will do anything for the slightest edge :rockon: :blush:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This thread got derailed quick. Is anyone actually working today? HAH
Well you're lucky. You made it to 28 posts before someone mentioned a damper.....Slackers! :shock:?
Sponsored