Next-Generation Ford Ranger To Get Plug-In Hybrid Model.. 362 HP

HighCaliberMitch

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLTSC FX4/Sport
I'm interested, but at the cost of a normal ranger, what's the hybrid going to add?

Why would the average truck buyer take a Ranger at F150 prices for just a hybrid option?

Deleted member 1634

I'm interested, but at the cost of a normal ranger, what's the hybrid going to add?

Why would the average truck buyer take a Ranger at F150 prices for just a hybrid option?
I mentioned in another thread regarding this topic that my wife's new 2020 Escape Hybrid was only $1200 more than the equivalent non-hybrid model. When I did all the calculations, including getting almost double the mileage, it was a no-brainer for us to get it given her driving patterns. The real indicator will be how much more the F-150 hybrid is than a regular F-150 to get an idea for a truck sized hybrid system.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
pretty cool.
the next-gen bow-tie offering looks interesting...

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
Chevrolet designs have been going downhill since the late 80s.
Idk i like the 88 to 98 body styles and also the 04 to 07 body styles.

The new ones are tooooo blocky and chunky and seem like alot of wasted abd hollow space to make it seem large.

HighCaliberMitch

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLTSC FX4/Sport
I mentioned in another thread regarding this topic that my wife's new 2020 Escape Hybrid was only $1200 more than the equivalent non-hybrid model. When I did all the calculations, including getting almost double the mileage, it was a no-brainer for us to get it given her driving patterns. The real indicator will be how much more the F-150 hybrid is than a regular F-150 to get an idea for a truck sized hybrid system.
Good point.

If they don't change the tank size, it's a go for me.

But I wonder if 4x4 will work with electric motor: where would they mesh up the electric power to the drive system?

Hopefully they release before my lease runs out in Jan 2022.

Deleted member 1634

Good point.

If they don't change the tank size, it's a go for me.

But I wonder if 4x4 will work with electric motor: where would they mesh up the electric power to the drive system?

Hopefully they release before my lease runs out in Jan 2022.
Most hybrid/electric cars are already 4WD/AWD in some way. My wife's Escape is part time AWD, which is essentially similar to a selectable 4WD system in that it's mostly either front or rear but engages and puts power to both when requested. I think most hybrid systems mesh the two powerplants together at the transmission, but I don't pretend to know how it works, I just know that it's out there. haha Heck, I've looked around a bunch of places to try and figure out the hybrid system on our Escape, just because I'm curious and want to know more, but haven't quite found what I wanted yet.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Most hybrid/electric cars are already 4WD/AWD in some way. My wife's Escape is part time AWD, which is essentially similar to a selectable 4WD system in that it's mostly either front or rear but engages and puts power to both when requested. I think most hybrid systems mesh the two powerplants together at the transmission, but I don't pretend to know how it works, I just know that it's out there. haha Heck, I've looked around a bunch of places to try and figure out the hybrid system on our Escape, just because I'm curious and want to know more, but haven't quite found what I wanted yet.
Thats crazy, I posted on another thread we also bought a 2020 escape AWD hybrid. traded her 2016 w/119k on the clock. She's getting 38.7 average and drives a hooop of miles 75 each way from our home to the hospital she works at. Thanks to covid-19 I got a super deal trading that 'rat' in that was a nice car until she got cut-off and had a $13k accident after about a year and a half...
Needless to say this one has the same equip as the old one and MORE, old-lady thinks I'm super-hubby again. :)

Deleted member 1634

Thats crazy, I posted on another thread we also bought a 2020 escape AWD hybrid. traded her 2016 w/119k on the clock. She's getting 38.7 average and drives a hooop of miles 75 each way from our home to the hospital she works at. Thanks to covid-19 I got a super deal trading that 'rat' in that was a nice car until she got cut-off and had a $13k accident after about a year and a half...
Needless to say this one has the same equip as the old one and MORE, old-lady thinks I'm super-hubby again. :)
We got a crazy good deal too. Plenty of incentives, good trade value, and Z-plan on top of that made it hard to pass up. My wife's trade-in was a 2008 Corolla with crank windows and no cruise control, so this is a bit of an upgrade. haha
My wife's commute is a bit shorter (~13 miles) with some stoplights and speed changes (25-55mph), but she's been able to get more than half of those as electric miles after tweaking her driving style to mate well with the hybrid (see picture of the summary of one of her commutes). And now she's knocking on 600 miles on this current tank. So I think we're going to do just fine with this new car. haha

43354.jpg

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I need an AWD hybrid that seats 5-7 and three dogs.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Did you figure in the cost of the electricty to charge and replacment batteries?
Sponsored