• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Via CarExpert

FORD RANGER RAPTOR AND BRONCO TO GET TURBO V6, RAPTOR HEADING TO USA

What we know about the 2021/2022 Ford Ranger Raptor
  • The next-generation Ford Ranger Raptor will launch in the USA, further bolstering the Ranger line-up for the States
  • A leaked screen shot confirms Ford will use a second-generation Nano 2.7-litre EcoBoost turbocharged V6 engine for Ranger Raptor in the USA
  • Ford will launch the next generation of Ranger Raptor in Australia with a 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel and 3.0-litre turbocharged V6 diesel
  • The Ranger Raptor will pick up the latest generation of Fox Racing shocks with live valve technology
  • The next Ranger Raptor will move upmarket in terms of price and interior technology

What we know about the 2021 Ford Bronco
  • Ford will take the wraps off the all-new Ford Bronco at a global reveal on July 13
  • The Bronco will launch with a 2.3-litre turbocharged four-cylinder EcoBoost petrol engine
  • The Bronco will come with a 10-speed automatic transmission, plus the option of a seven-speed manual with six forward gears and a crawl gear
  • A leaked screen shot confirms Ford will introduce the second-generation Nano 2.7-litre EcoBoost engine into the Bronco as an option, or as part of a Bronco Raptor package

How do we know Ford will use this engine? A screen shot sent to CarExpert from what appears to be a computer with engine and prototype details. This screen shot is either from a Ford computer or a registration database, and it calls out a 2021 Ranger prototype on the T6 platform.

Ford Ranger Next Gen Ranger Raptor Bound For US May Have 2.7L V6 EcoBoost Engine 2022-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-Bronco-V6-EcoBoost-1

It goes further by stating the vehicle’s engine, which in this case is a 2.7-litre turbocharged V6 Nano EcoBoost engine. It also mentions left-hand drive, which indicates it’s destined for the US market, and says the vehicle will be all-wheel drive, which suggests it won’t be a switchable setup like the 2.0-litre diesel currently in the Raptor.

We also know this engine is currently being tested in Australia thanks to the VIN printed on screen. The VIN matches earlier ones used for Australian-produced vehicles. It could have been left over, and closely resembles VINs used on the Ford Territory.

And how do we know the Ranger Raptor will be heading to the United States? Ford lodged a patent registration for the Ranger Raptor in 2018 when the vehicle was launched. They also lodged an additional registration that makes specific mention of a matching US design registration. Further to that, the images used in the patent registration show the use of a sliding rear window, which is currently fitted to the US market Ranger, but not the Australian-specification Ranger Raptor.

Ford may have intended to launch the Ranger Raptor in North America earlier, but may have been waiting for the EcoBoost Nano V6 to have been engineered for the T6 platform, which may have led to the decision to hold off launching Ranger Raptor in the US until this next-generation vehicle was ready.
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
I am a (very) satisfied owner of the 2019 Ranger Lariat, and as a rule I do not trade in my vehicles until they are paid for, five years old, and have 100,000+ miles on them, but a 2.7-litre EcoBoost turbocharged V6 engine, with the latest generation of Fox Racing shocks with live valve technology, and move upmarket in terms of interior technology, all I can say is, "rules were made to be broken." But when will this Beast actually show up in North America?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L 4wd; 2009 Mercury Mariner Base 3.0 V6 awd: 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 1980 Kawasaki: KZ 750E
Ford Authority is reporting that the next generation Ranger will not be out until late 2022 as a 2023 model, and that it will ride on a "massaged" T6 frame. Scroll down to the last paragraph of the blog.

Last edited:

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Escape SEL 2010 RAV4 Sport
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Well that if true kinda kills my plan to order a next Gen ranger in MY22

bzeno

First Name
Bry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Well. As of today...the Philippines did not get the "3.0-litre turbocharged V6 diesel". I don't want to sound like a hater, but I hope they don't release it for a while, because I just bought the 2021 RRaptor.:blush: If they release the V6 in 2021, I'm gonna go bananas. :crying:
Sponsored