First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
We put a deposit down on a new vehicle that was pre-ordered from a close by Ford dealership. It is for my wife, and I think it will be fun for her and myself to drive. It is a 2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands edition, pretty much loaded with about every option. The Badlands has the 4 cylinder 2.0 liter turbo with an advanced 4X4 system and the SUV sets slightly higher than the other Bronco Sports too. Plus, I wanted to get the 4 cylinder rather than the 3 cylinder. The 4 cylinder comes on the badlands. I tried to buy a full size Bronco for her however they can't seem to get them delivered. Many of those that have ordered them are still waiting for them after 2+ years. And I refuse to buy over MSRP. I guess if I had an extra $30,000+ to buy a used one I could, but that to me is nuts paying that much over the original MSRP price!
I have been researching these Baby Broncos and the Badlands are actually pretty amazing when going off road. 250 HP and 277 LB FT of torque is pretty good for a small SUV. Pic below of what ours will look like! Anyone else ever consider one to add to the stable with your Ranger?
Thanks!
Phil
2021-ford-bronco-sport.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That'll be a nice addition to go with your Ranger Phil. I never considered one because I really don't need one. I just wanted the full size one because I always liked the original Bronco and it reminded me of those. With all the delays and waiting (3 years now since I first reserved one) I've pretty much lost all interest and could really care less anymore. Now I'm trying to get excited for the next Gen Ranger PHEV but hope they don't pull the same with the dealer allocations for them. I hope you (well your wife ? ) enjoyed the new Bronco Sport when it arrives and you'll have to come back and update us on how it is.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Were you able to get it below MSRP?

I haven't priced vehicles in a while because they have been so insane lately.

Just wondering if sanity is starting to return to the market.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
That'll be a nice addition to go with your Ranger Phil. I never considered one because I really don't need one. I just wanted the full size one because I always liked the original Bronco and it reminded me of those. With all the delays and waiting (3 years now since I first reserved one) I've pretty much lost all interest and could really care less anymore. Now I'm trying to get excited for the next Gen Ranger PHEV but hope they don't pull the same with the dealer allocations for them. I hope you (well your wife ? ) enjoyed the new Bronco Sport when it arrives and you'll have to come back and update us on how it is.
Thanks Dave! Where we are at in Tennessee, we do get some snow in the winter. I want my wife to be safe when driving on slippery conditions, be it ice or snow or both. This one is ordered with the Falken Wildpeak off road tires and they are real good grippy tires. I had them on the Gladiator and I really like them.
Back years ago, we had a 1984 Bronco II and enjoyed that Bronco as well. I think this will be a fun vehicle for her! (And me too!)

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Were you able to get it below MSRP?

I haven't priced vehicles in a while because they have been so insane lately.

Just wondering if sanity is starting to return to the market.
Hi Dennis! The dealership we are buying from offers their new vehicles with a slight discount below MSRP, so yes! A lot of the other dealers are selling these Bronco Sports above MSRP. Anywhere from $1000 to $3000 over MSRP. One dealership even has them for $5000 over MSRP! So yes, there are some dealers selling for MSRP, but many are still trying to rip people off :explode:

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
If given the choice between a 4 door Bronco and your Sport, I would definitely choose the Sport. And the Badlands trim sounds like it is very capable. I had no idea there was a 3 cylinder option....interesting.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
If given the choice between a 4 door Bronco and your Sport, I would definitely choose the Sport. And the Badlands trim sounds like it is very capable. I had no idea there was a 3 cylinder option....interesting.
Hi Robert! The Bronco Sport Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks, all have the 3 cylinder turbo engine, which puts out I think about 180 HP and 190 LB FT of torque. The Badlands and the previous 1st Edition come with the 4 cylinder. The custom painted Heritage and Heritage Limited come with the 3 and 4 cylinder respectively, if my memory is correct.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A little about the Bronco Sport Badlands.
There are other better videos out there as well, however I just grabbed this one.
If you are interested, you might want to check it out.
Thanks!
Phil

(133) We Took the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Off-Road! | Steeda Review - YouTube
These are impressive and great if you don't want or need a full size SUV. Kind of like buying a Maverick instead of a Ranger. They seem very capable of doing a lot of basic off road/ overloading stuff and are still a practical daily driver.

One thing my friend mentioned about his full size 2dr Bronco Badlands was he couldn't see using this as an every day daily driver. He drives an F150 so it is a huge difference with inside roominess and comfort. Don't get me wrong he loves the Bronco and would never sell it. He was offered (by the dealer who he knows the owner) to sell it at auction for him and said he could easily get $80,000 for it. o_O Of course that was back in July when the market was a lot higher than it is now.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I wouldn't mind Badlands edition for my wife. Be just about perfect for her and her needs. Definitely want the four cylinder.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I've suggested to my wife she could replace the RHD Jeep she currently has when she gets the work van assigned to her route with a Bronco Sport. It even has some common parts with the RS.

Be we will see, I'm just hoping she doesn't try to fully take over my Ranger. I've said that if she needed to sell the Jeep while the market is up and use the Ranger while shopping for the right replacement she could though.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Bronco Sports are cute, and great for mall crawlers. These are nothing like a Bronco and should have been given another name. I think I'll get one for my 79-year-old mother.

Edit: Sorry, that was a little harsh. I test drove one before getting my Ranger and was sadly disappointed in the ride and lack of power, even with the 4cyl. I just can't see taking this off road.

Last edited:

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
We put a deposit down on a new vehicle that was pre-ordered from a close by Ford dealership. It is for my wife, and I think it will be fun for her and myself to drive. It is a 2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands edition, pretty much loaded with about every option. The Badlands has the 4 cylinder 2.0 liter turbo with an advanced 4X4 system and the SUV sets slightly higher than the other Bronco Sports too. Plus, I wanted to get the 4 cylinder rather than the 3 cylinder. The 4 cylinder comes on the badlands. I tried to buy a full size Bronco for her however they can't seem to get them delivered. Many of those that have ordered them are still waiting for them after 2+ years. And I refuse to buy over MSRP. I guess if I had an extra $30,000+ to buy a used one I could, but that to me is nuts paying that much over the original MSRP price!
I have been researching these Baby Broncos and the Badlands are actually pretty amazing when going off road. 250 HP and 277 LB FT of torque is pretty good for a small SUV. Pic below of what ours will look like! Anyone else ever consider one to add to the stable with your Ranger?
Thanks!
Phil
2021-ford-bronco-sport.jpg
Hello Phil. My wife and I recently added a new Cactus Gray 2022 Bronco Sport to our driveway. That being said it's just a Big Bend with the 1.5L. My wife loves it...which is a plus in my book, and it gets terrific gas mileage. Even though it has the 1.5L it still has plenty of get up and go. Now as far as comfort is concerned, I think my Ranger is considerably more comfortable than the Bronco. There's just something weird about the front seats...like they're not shaped or contoured right. But it's responsive when you drive it and it handles really well. I think that the Bronco Sport is a nice small/midsized suv with some really nice features that would be a welcomed addition to any Ford stable/family...and it's a nice accent to my Carbonized Gray Ranger in the driveway to boot.

I hope you guys enjoy it!

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Is ford X-plan pricing still a thing? Could you use that to bypass dealer pricing when ordering new?

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Hello Phil. My wife and I recently added a new Cactus Gray 2022 Bronco Sport to our driveway. That being said it's just a Big Bend with the 1.5L. My wife loves it...which is a plus in my book, and it gets terrific gas mileage. Even though it has the 1.5L it still has plenty of get up and go. Now as far as comfort is concerned, I think my Ranger is considerably more comfortable than the Bronco. There's just something weird about the front seats...like they're not shaped or contoured right. But it's responsive when you drive it and it handles really well. I think that the Bronco Sport is a nice small/midsized suv with some really nice features that would be a welcomed addition to any Ford stable/family...and it's a nice accent to my Carbonized Gray Ranger in the driveway to boot.

I hope you guys enjoy it!
Thanks Terry! I think we will like it as well. After looking at all the YouTube videos and seeing some of them off road, I was surprised to see how well they do off road. Glad your wife likes the Big Bend and even though we both are in Tennessee, the weather will surprise you sometimes! This Baby Bronco will come in handy for sure.
Sponsored