• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New to the forum, hoping to buy a 6th gen US Ranger!

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
1st, no I am very happy with my Ranger, excited for a 23 or 24 Raptor Ranger.

2nd, X-Plan is going away?!
X plan was always kinda lame. Back in normal times ( pre 2020 )Regular Joe's could walk in to a dealer and pay less than Xplan for just about anything with little to discussion. Now, xplan is typically limited to the most abundant models and can still be at the choice of the selling dealer.
Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco OBX 2Dr 2.7, '21 Ranger Tremor, '16 C7
Occupation
Engineer
X plan was always kinda lame. Back in normal times ( pre 2020 )Regular Joe's could walk in to a dealer and pay less than Xplan for just about anything with little to discussion. Now, xplan is typically limited to the most abundant models and can still be at the choice of the selling dealer.
Yeah I get it.

Some brands, like Volvo, let you stack incentives.

That is when things like X Plan are worth it.

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Yeah I get it.

Some brands, like Volvo, let you stack incentives.

That is when things like X Plan are worth it.
You could stack incentives with Xplan as well.. but incentives are also drying up.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
1st, no I am very happy with my Ranger, excited for a 23 or 24 Raptor Ranger.

2nd, X-Plan is going away?!
yes, I was told by Ford Corporate when i called for my PIN you must take DELIVERY by 12/31/22. However my dealer did say they would honor Xplan pricing as long as its ordered before the end of the year (i'll make sure to get that in writing hahaha)

Maclandj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
yes, I was told by Ford Corporate when i called for my PIN you must take DELIVERY by 12/31/22. However my dealer did say they would honor Xplan pricing as long as its ordered before the end of the year (i'll make sure to get that in writing hahaha)
Dang, this may impact my plans as well. They need to hurry up and announce when the 6th gen is available for order.

Sponsored

squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
You regret giving up the gladiator?
I really would like a smaller truck. With Ford getting rid of the X-Plan i have to order by the end of this year to qualify. I am thinking about a 2023 Ranger Tremor and waiting for a PHEV model. Or waiting to see the Canyon (in a few weeks) or a 2024 Tacoma looks like.
Ford is not getting rid of xplan what they are doing is they are getting rid of it for stock holders the other programs are still intact

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco OBX 2Dr 2.7, '21 Ranger Tremor, '16 C7
Occupation
Engineer
Ford is not getting rid of xplan what they are doing is they are getting rid of it for stock holders the other programs are still intact
Oh good. I'm a Mustang Club of America member, so that should still make me eligible then.

squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
IF you are a stockholder not if you have it from a partner business or organization

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Good point, i should've specified that it was for stock holders only.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 and 2020 F350 and 2022 Ford Escape
Good point, i should've specified that it was for stock holders only.
How dumb is that? I own several hundred shares of FORD and thus have a financial stake in Ford and I can't get an X plan, yet the guy that joins MCA or EAA can join for $25- $48 and get one?

Sponsored

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
How dumb is that? I own several hundred shares of FORD and thus have a financial stake in Ford and I can't get an X plan, yet the guy that joins MCA or EAA can join for $25- $48 and get one?
Yea i agree.

Bonesboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Retired
I currently own a 2006 Explorer with the 4.6l 3v, 208,000 miles so its definitely time to replace it along with maintenance becoming pretty expensive now. Figured id join now and hop on the hype train. I will be saving every cent possible to put down a massive down payment. Lets just hope supply constraints are finally alleviated by next year. This will be my second car I've ever owned hopefully so im very excited! Lets hope we can all get one at MSRP. Otherwise its good to be here so just wanted to say hi!
New as well. Currently running a 2001 f150 xlt with 49k miles. Was planning on a 2023 purchase. My question is what's the significant dif between the 5g and the 6g that's not going to be available now. Thanks

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
New as well. Currently running a 2001 f150 xlt with 49k miles. Was planning on a 2023 purchase. My question is what's the significant dif between the 5g and the 6g that's not going to be available now. Thanks
Supposedly same platform underneath as new Bronco and will be built in same factory. 6G Frame is modified to improve handling and (hopefully) eliminate rear end hop/bounce all the major reviewers hated about 5G. Track has been widened 2" front and rear, and rear shocks have been relocated to same position as F-150 (outside of leaf springs). Interior redesigned. Single cab option added.
Sponsored

Last edited: