• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New to the forum, hoping to buy a 6th gen US Ranger!

mchb

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Explorer
I currently own a 2006 Explorer with the 4.6l 3v, 208,000 miles so its definitely time to replace it along with maintenance becoming pretty expensive now. Figured id join now and hop on the hype train. I will be saving every cent possible to put down a massive down payment. Lets just hope supply constraints are finally alleviated by next year. This will be my second car I've ever owned hopefully so im very excited! Lets hope we can all get one at MSRP. Otherwise its good to be here so just wanted to say hi!
Sponsored

sportcoupe

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Welcome.

I am brand new myself. The 2023MY will be 5th gen still. The 6G for North America is supposed to be announced in 2023 sometime. We may have a long wait.

I myself am considering waiting for the North American Ranger Raptor whenever it becomes available.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
I was considering waiting for a Gen6 Ranger. But with the Bronco rollout fiasco I can't see the Gen6 Ranger rollout and availability being much better. I'm probably ordering a 2023 Gen5 Tremor next month and waiting it out for a few years on the Gen6.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco OBX 2Dr 2.7, '21 Ranger Tremor, '16 C7
Occupation
Engineer
I was considering waiting for a Gen6 Ranger. But with the Bronco rollout fiasco I can't see the Gen6 Ranger rollout and availability being much better. I'm probably ordering a 2023 Gen5 Tremor next month and waiting it out for a few years on the Gen6.
This is what I did. Gladiator to Ranger Tremor.

We won't see 6G Rangers until probably Q4 of 2023, even then I'd want to wait at least 6 months for the kinks to get worked out.

paulford8

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge AWD Ecoboost
Occupation
Engineer
You guys are giving me doubts.... Yesterday I decided no new Ranger for me, keep with the 2015 Edge until I can order the 6G!! Today I have doubts. Sounds like I would need to keep driving that edge for a long time.... over a year....

Sponsored

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator

We won't see 6G Rangers until probably Q4 of 2023, even then I'd want to wait at least 6 months for the kinks to get worked out.
A year later they are still working out the kinks in the Bronco. And new ones keep surfacing. I'd expect similar with the Gen6 Ranger. I put my Bronco order in 99 status and plan to keep it there for a while.

I'm not a huge fan of the front clip on the Gen5 Ranger. But it's a tried and true platform with little to no issues. I can live with the front end and know I'll have reliability.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN

You regret giving up the gladiator?
I really would like a smaller truck. With Ford getting rid of the X-Plan i have to order by the end of this year to qualify. I am thinking about a 2023 Ranger Tremor and waiting for a PHEV model. Or waiting to see the Canyon (in a few weeks) or a 2024 Tacoma looks like.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Might just go for the new zr2 Colorado. It is being announce this month. I too dont know if I can hold out.

cvollers

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Alltrack
Occupation
Sales Account Executive
Welcome.

I am brand new myself. The 2023MY will be 5th gen still. The 6G for North America is supposed to be announced in 2023 sometime. We may have a long wait.

I myself am considering waiting for the North American Ranger Raptor whenever it becomes available.
I hear you regarding the Ranger Raptor. Could very well be worth waiting for.

Sponsored

rxv_poor

First Name
Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
IT
I canceled my 22 Tremor order and I'm waiting on the 6th Gen.

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
I really would like a smaller truck. With Ford getting rid of the X-Plan i have to order by the end of this year to qualify. I am thinking about a 2023 Ranger Tremor and waiting for a PHEV model. Or waiting to see the Canyon (in a few weeks) or a 2024 Tacoma looks like.
Hadn't heard they were eliminating X-plan.
I know it's been hard finding a dealer that would honor it. Thankfully I did find one here in Wisconsin who did, and they didn't try to add any dealer markup extras.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Hadn't heard they were eliminating X-plan.
I know it's been hard finding a dealer that would honor it. Thankfully I did find one here in Wisconsin who did, and they didn't try to add any dealer markup extras.
What part of WI are you at?
I’m in the La Crosse area.
yea the Xplan is going away at the end of the year unfortunately.

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
What part of WI are you at?
I’m in the La Crosse area.
yea the Xplan is going away at the end of the year unfortunately.
Almost directly across the state from you in the Sheboygan area.
I'd shopped a 250 mile radius in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan, and finally purchased in Antigo WI. The dealer experience there was great... a couple emails to confirm availability and price, a phone call to put deposit down, then a drive in and a few minutes to sign papers before driving off in a new truck.

Technically, I still have a Bronco code 99'd which was supposed to replace my '08 Ranger a few years ago. So the 2022 is a placeholder until I finalize my Bronco or move up to a 6G Ranger. Or, depending on the economy, maybe just keep the 5G a while longer.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco OBX 2Dr 2.7, '21 Ranger Tremor, '16 C7
Occupation
Engineer
1st, no I am very happy with my Ranger, excited for a 23 or 24 Raptor Ranger.

2nd, X-Plan is going away?!
Sponsored