New rival incoming: 2024 Tacoma Hybrid and Turbo 4 Cylinder models (no more V6)

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
Sales
Dr's should send all their patients there right before having a colonoscopy. It's probably better than the RX cleans they give you. :oops:
Man... I eat there too much... My Colo guard came back positive ... So off for a Colonoscopy I guess... Maybe some heavy 4wheeling in my 2022 FX4 can loosen the polyps...Untill I get told otherwise... Count me in for the McDonalds Ranger App...
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Man... I eat there too much... My Colo guard came back positive ... So off for a Colonoscopy I guess... Maybe some heavy 4wheeling in my 2022 FX4 can loosen the polyps...Untill I get told otherwise... Count me in for the McDonalds Ranger App...
Good luck. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
The Tundra is definitely one ugly truck. Seems the taco got the same design team.
When you say something wrong I'll stop you. :rockon:

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I'll admit I'm watching to see if the Toyota gets a manual transmission with that turbo 4.
tell me about it... ford really missed it with the ranger on that part! id love to have a manual again...

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
If it weren't for the head gasket going I'd still be driving my
Ditto, blown head gasket on my 2nd gen at 212k turned me briefly into a pedestrian. 2nd gen was a great truck but downright crude compared with 5G Ranger

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Couldn't find it, is Toyota keeping the manual transmission?
Thats the one thing that set them apart.
I had more recalls, more rust, worse fuel mileage, with my tacoma than any vehicle I've owned. I would give them another look if they keep the standard though

FerdRanger

First Name
Ferdinand the Great
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
not for long
I had more recalls, more rust, worse fuel mileage, with my tacoma than any vehicle I've owned......

same here on my 2007.

also my clutch slave cylinder went out after a year... had to get AAA to tow me
500 feet up US Rte 11 to a shop.....

TMC wanted to paint my frame that rotted in my driveway.. unfortunately, the dealer didn't want to... they were too busy replacing whole frames and told me to bugger off....

when the A/C took a shat, that was it.... got a new 2015 F150

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
LoL Clutch issues as well, there was a recall for it. I don't remember the reason, toyota covered 75% of the cost.
My frame was covered in surface rust from front to back. I still can't figure out why so many people love those trucks. Don't get me wrong, I liked mine. But, I wasted zero time getting rid of it when I paid it off.
Pretty sure I read the frames were still rusting? Again, I've been out of the tacoma loop a while. I almost bought an "18 tacoma. Went back and forth with it. And waited a few years and got this ranger

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I wonder how the dramatic change in platform will affect overall enthusiasm for the truck. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a Tacoma owner tell me "they haven't changed what ain't broke" as their #1 justification for buying the truck. This is my personal speculation; but I'm fairly certain this feedback from owners is one of the big reasons Toyota has dragged their heels so long on this change.

This new truck will have big shoes to fill - and it better not break.

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
It will be another serious let down. The new Tundra was hyped up and fell well short of any expectations and the Sequoia let's not go there, smaller cargo space than the current 4Runner and same fuel Economy as the new Twin Turbo I6 from Wagoneer which isn't a hybrid opposed to the Sequoia. Which takes me to the fact the Tundra Hybrid doesn't really beat the RAM E-Torque mild hybrid in fuel economy either.

The new Tacoma isn't going to do much better at the way Toyota has been batting at the plate. I would put more faith in the new Colorado Turbo 4 banger presenting a serious challenge to the Ranger than the Tacoma. The fact is Toyota puts more effort into their cars and CUVs than trucks as that is what they sell more of. I have zero expectations that the new Tacoma is going to be a real threat to the new Ranger. At least we will have the new Raptor and the new Colorado ZR2 have some serious Baja/off roading fights against each other for the journalists to write about. A TRD Pro really has nothing other than a manual gear box. I mean what does the Tacoma bring to the table otherwise?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
It will be another serious let down. The new Tundra was hyped up and fell well short of any expectations and the Sequoia let's not go there, smaller cargo space than the current 4Runner and same fuel Economy as the new Twin Turbo I6 from Wagoneer which isn't a hybrid opposed to the Sequoia. Which takes me to the fact the Tundra Hybrid doesn't really beat the RAM E-Torque mild hybrid in fuel economy either.

The new Tacoma isn't going to do much better at the way Toyota has been batting at the plate. I would put more faith in the new Colorado Turbo 4 banger presenting a serious challenge to the Ranger than the Tacoma. The fact is Toyota puts more effort into their cars and CUVs than trucks as that is what they sell more of. I have zero expectations that the new Tacoma is going to be a real threat to the new Ranger. At least we will have the new Raptor and the new Colorado ZR2 have some serious Baja/off roading fights against each other for the journalists to write about. A TRD Pro really has nothing other than a manual gear box. I mean what does the Tacoma bring to the table otherwise?
The new ones bring ugly....

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
The new ones bring ugly....
Looks are in the middle of my list of priorities. If it's comfortable for a long day of driving, delivers fuel economy so I don't stop every 100 miles to refuel, I don't have to worry about hooking up a 2,000lb trailer straining the transmission. I'm fine owning it. Ugly doesn't mean a thing if it can deliver. I could care less if it wins all the designer awards offered for the Automotive Industry. I consider the first version of the T6 Ranger ugly as sin but when you look at how well it performed overall, I would buy one. I owned a 16' Camry and most Camry Fan Boys will tell you it was ugly.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
.... I mean what does the Tacoma bring to the table otherwise?
A rabid fanbase that will overlook any shortcomings, present them as actually being a benefit, and label you as jealous for daring to point them out.
Sponsored