New Rear window Defrost Not Working (I Just Can't Win)

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Just got the truck back from the dealership last week after them taking nearly two months to locate the source of the water leaks and get the parts into repair it.

This morning I kick the rear defrost on and nothing. Normally the system will clear the back window in a matter of a couple minutes but made no difference. Thinking that maybe when they replaced the rear window to fix the leak, they just forgot to plug the defroster in..

Well..

They didn't forget to plug it in...
Defrost.jpg

There's nothing to plug the defroster power cable into on the friggen window. :headbang:

The blade connector that should be attached to the glass on the driver's side is missing. It's there on the passenger side AND the power cable is connected to it.

So now I get to take it back to the dealership so they can take a look and see if they can fix this or if they will need to order another window...
Sponsored

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Just got the truck back from the dealership last week after them taking nearly two months to locate the source of the water leaks and get the parts into repair it.

This morning I kick the rear defrost on and nothing. Normally the system will clear the back window in a matter of a couple minutes but made no difference. Thinking that maybe when they replaced the rear window to fix the leak, they just forgot to plug the defroster in..

Well..

They didn't forget to plug it in...
Defrost.jpg

There's nothing to plug the defroster power cable into on the friggen window. :headbang:

The blade connector that should be attached to the glass on the driver's side is missing. It's there on the passenger side AND the power cable is connected to it.

So now I get to take it back to the dealership so they can take a look and see if they can fix this or if they will need to order another window...
damn bret, i do believe that truck is possessed, i would burn it at the stake in the dealers parking lot. lol

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
That's probably what will happen. Looks like they forgot to solder the termi
damn bret, i do believe that truck is possessed, i would burn it at the stake in the dealers parking lot. lol
Oh I'm fully convinced that it's because I'm cursed.... ?

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
After two failed attempts by the dealer to repair the defroster tab, Ford pushed to make another attempt they finally approved to replace the rear window (again) under warranty.

Of course it's on back order but at least it isn't leaking. Hopefully it won't take too long to come in, and this time I may skip the rear window tint... Or have someone who knows what the hell they are doing apply the rear tint.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
After two failed attempts by the dealer to repair the defroster tab, Ford pushed to make another attempt they finally approved to replace the rear window (again) under warranty.

Of course it's on back order but at least it isn't leaking. Hopefully it won't take too long to come in, and this time I may skip the rear window tint... Or have someone who knows what the hell they are doing apply the rear tint.
Bret, you have the patience of a saint, i would have torched that truck in their parking lot by now LOL

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
That's very sad. Apparently pride of a job well done does not exist at the dealer. I hope they can get you fixed up soon Bret.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Well everything points to it being the tint guy that did it. The glass installer had pictures of the tabs being attached when he completed the window install. Something he apparently does as a CYA thing. The tech who put the interior back together has been there for nearly a decade and has virtually no charge backs on his work, so while possible his work record makes is unlikely he damaged the window. The tint guy however is some outsourced mobile tint installer the after market guys recently started using. These are the same ones that installed the wrong color tint on the front windows a few months back when the original tint started bubbling up after a year. Then had to strip the tint and reapply it to fix their mistake.

Bret, you have the patience of a saint, i would have torched that truck in their parking lot by now LOL
lol. Yeah my wife has repeatedly said something similar about my level of patience. It tends to irritate her that I can remain so calm about stuff like this for as long as I have and not get to overly irritated about it. Probably something to do with having been in upper retail management for close to 15 years before getting changing careers and going into IT about 10 years ago.
Sponsored