First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
The Ranger harnesses are all the same.The programming for DRL’s etc. is the variable.
Will these be adjustable for aiming after lifts/lowering etc.
Sponsored

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
The Ranger harnesses are all the same.The programming for DRL’s etc. is the variable.
Will these be adjustable for aiming after lifts/lowering etc.
I know the XLT can use switch back turn signal lights. It's not needed on the Lariat. Judging by the video I posted earlier, it seems the sequential turn signals works in that manner. I hope I don't have to mess with anything on the Ranger Lariat to make it work.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
New Product Alert!!!!!

Finally a new option to upgrading the Ranger's headlights other than upgrading to the OEM Lariat headlights. Morimoto has had a number of XB LED headlights out for tons of vehicles but soon will have some for the 2019+ Ranger. Featuring three projector housings, sequential turn signals, a very trick boot up sequence and very bright two stage DRL's! If they follow suit like their other XB headlights, these will be a direct plug and play replacement and all backed by their 5 year warranty.

Pricing is TBD and release date is also TBD but from what we're hearing, likely to be around Black Friday.

These are going to be awesome! We'll update the thread as we know more and hopefully be taking pre-orders here soon.

Until then, here's some pictures. Let us know what you think.

View attachment 56601

Ev1j0hU.jpg

CRXGRCZ.jpg

81b07Dg.jpg

oza5EgL.jpg

qkTzlQQ.jpg
Very cool! Does the truck come with them?

BrianEvens

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I’m happy that Rangers are finally getting some aftermarket love. I’m sure others will follow now. I’m also hoping that the “adjustable” DRL’s give the option of shutting off the bright white ring completely. I prefer the aesthetics of amber in the front, so the sequential turn signals will look cool...I just don’t care for the bright white DRL.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Morimoto makes great products however you have two different headlights pictured. The first picture appears to be the ROW ebay headlights. The pair on the truck seem like the actual product. I'm glad to see some lighting options finally start to show up

Screenshot_20200926-093109.png

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2021 Raptor, 2022 F250, 2023 Bronco
More details to come on harness, adjustability, pricing, etc soon! We'll continue to update as we get more pictures and more information.

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Very interesting, nice to have an alternative to the lariat headlights

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
I know the XLT can use switch back turn signal lights. It's not needed on the Lariat. Judging by the video I posted earlier, it seems the sequential turn signals works in that manner. I hope I don't have to mess with anything on the Ranger Lariat to make it work.
On the Lariat,probably not.
Everyone else will,dependent upon if they want halo’s or their turn signal light to be the DRL.
I had to modify the hexadecimal code to activate the DRL’s when I did the lariat light swap.It’s in the programming as to which lamp is illuminated ,and when.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Everyone else will,dependent upon if they want halo’s or their turn signal light to be the DRL.
I had to modify the hexadecimal code to activate the DRL’s when I did the lariat light swap.It’s in the programming as to which lamp is illuminated ,and when.
Oh good. I really don't want to mess with FORScan.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Idk about the rangers but back when I use to play around with my Hondas all I did was swap the pins on the harness to switch DRL with the fogs, could that concept not be applied to the ranger?

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Idk about the rangers but back when I use to play around with my Hondas all I did was swap the pins on the harness to switch DRL with the fogs, could that concept not be applied to the ranger?
Maybe,but why?
Changing the settings with Forscan is simple enough.

BrianEvens

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I had to modify the hexadecimal code to activate the DRL’s when I did the lariat light swap.It’s in the p

Hexadecimal code? Yikes! That sounds like some serious science stuff! All I’ve wanted to do since I bought my Ranger Lariat in January, was get rid of the bright white LED strips completely, because I think they look terrible. I like the aesthetic of all amber in the front. I know that I can change the DRL assignment from the white strips, over to the turn signals, with ‘Forscan’ or something...but my understanding is that can have an undesirable affect on the blinking operation of the turn signal. Ideally I’d like to have dual brightness turn signals, lower brightness for the DRL and brighter for the turn signal...but I guess that’s not possible. I have the nerdy Raptor lights in the grill, so I think those, combined with amber DRLs, amber fender markers and a lower brightness mirror light marker would be the coolest look(see horribly edited photo). So hopefully an aftermarket headlight like this will help me achieve some of it.??‍♂
Hexadecimal code? Yikes! That sounds like some serious science stuff! All I’ve wanted to do since I bought my Ranger Lariat in January, was get rid of the bright white LED strips completely, because I think they look terrible. I like the aesthetic of all amber in the front. I know that I can change the DRL assignment from the white strips, over to the turn signals, with ‘Forscan’ or something...but my understanding is that can have an undesirable affect on the blinking operation of the turn signal. Ideally I’d like to have dual brightness turn signals, lower brightness for the DRL and brighter for the turn signal...but I guess that’s not possible. I have the nerdy Raptor lights in the grill, so I think those, combined with amber DRLs, amber fender markers and a lower brightness mirror light marker would be the coolest look(see horribly edited photo). So hopefully an aftermarket headlight like this will help me achieve some of it.??‍♂
482199FF-751B-4316-BC68-BF7595ACEB15.jpeg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
482199FF-751B-4316-BC68-BF7595ACEB15.jpeg
Hi Brian,

Yep...we at Ford started into the electronics in the early 80s, we had to learn hex. It was a struggle, but we got it...now some 19 years later....all is lost.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored