Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
1663201171609.png
so i expected a basic refresh of the 2015 and it does resemble the s550. however the front end is not attractive. the crowd does not seem really enthused either. Im already giving up on watching. i dont wanna see them talk. ill wait to pass full judgement until i see on i person. fox body "skin"... handheld rev. ?

so in all fairness i never liked any mustangs between 1971 - 2005. and never even considered buying anything newer than 1970 in a mustang until recent years but was not sold. but when i saw the s550 fastback style i jumped in both feet. bought three of them. i loved how they shared looks with the late 60s fastbacks.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
thanks for sharing the video i would not have seen it other wise.

FerdRanger

First Name
Ferdinand the Great
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
not for long
Professional Fun Haver. thats what I wanna be when I grow up

OP
OP
FusedLogic

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
There's a lot to like. I'm a GM muscle car guy since I was 17. I've had multiple Trans Ams over the years and I just sold my 2019 Camaro SS. which is an awesome car. But, my take away from the reveal is this is a huge, huge slap in the face to General Motors. Not just slap but a full fisted blow! Camaro is withering on the vine with absolutely nothing from Chevrolet to keep their loyal buyers. GM just lost big time. Pack it up and go home level.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Interested in the gen4 coyote specs and whether the Tremec manual is available in both the GT and Dark horse. The interior, mostly the dash and center stack is a huge miss for me. I may see if a 2023 GT PP2 package car is obtainable and skip the gen7.

OP
OP
FusedLogic

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Interested in the gen4 coyote specs and whether the Tremec manual is available in both the GT and Dark horse. The interior, mostly the dash and center stack is a huge miss for me. I may see if a 2023 GT PP2 package car is obtainable and skip the gen7.
Agree about the interior. It's a bit over the top and more truck like than sports car. But, it's probably where all vehicles are headed. One massive screen for a dashboard that goes from the center stack all the way over to the door.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
There's a lot to like. I'm a GM muscle car guy since I was 17. I've had multiple Trans Ams over the years and I just sold my 2019 Camaro SS. which is an awesome car. But, my take away from the reveal is this is a huge, huge slap in the face to General Motors. Not just slap but a full fisted blow! Camaro is withering on the vine with absolutely nothing from Chevrolet to keep their loyal buyers. GM just lost big time. Pack it up and go home level.
Having driven performance package versions of both the gen6 mustang and the latest gen Camaro, I would say the Camaro weighs less and feels better to me. I haven't ruled out the Camaro yet for my next and likely last sports car.

OP
OP
FusedLogic

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A lot of people don't like sitting in a Camaro saying they can't see out. I felt very comfortable in it. Sitting in a Mustang felt more like an ordinary sedan. But to each their own.

I hope you get the ride you want and enjoy it. I'm 65 and figured it was time to grow up. That's why I bought the Ranger.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
What, No Mach-E?

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a Mustang and a Camaro had a baby . It's probably by design to draw some GM fans over since the Camaro is going away . The rear fenders and side profile just remind me of a Camaro more than a Mustang. Big NO on the interior . Leave that huge display snit for the EVs . I want big round gauges in my ICE vehicle . Can you imagine this stuff after 10-12 years ? They probably have designed in failure to push you into EV :(

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
A lot of people don't like sitting in a Camaro saying they can't see out. I felt very comfortable in it. Sitting in a Mustang felt more like an ordinary sedan. But to each their own.

I hope you get the ride you want and enjoy it. I'm 65 and figured it was time to grow up. That's why I bought the Ranger.
I will miss having the Camaro aroundā€¦the new Mustang instrument panel is ā€˜interestingā€™ā€¦.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Is this Azure Gray ?

Mustang.png

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
Having owned 7 Mustangs over the years and currently driving a modestly built 1966, I consider myself a true Mustang enthusiast. Even to the point of having a couple of Mustang tattoos. Obviously I want to see the new one in person, but it looks like Ford has once again "nailed it" in walking the line between high-performance, modern technology and traditional/retro Mustang DNA with a nice dose of "nasty" thrown in. The Mustang has outlived it's competition for 50+ years for many reasons. The thought of a 500HP bone-stock pony is music to me.
Sponsored