• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New member waiting for more information

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
Would have posted this in the Introductions & Welcome Center, but posting is not open there for some reason.

I migrated over from B6G back in January. I currently have a Bronco on order with Chapman, but I'm still pretty far out. And at this point I'm kind of over the Bronco anyway.

I am really looking forward to the US reveal of the Gen6 Ranger. I would probably have already bought a Ranger, but there are things about the Gen5 I really didn't like.

I really like what I have seen so far with the overseas Gen6 reveal. The fact that you don't have to jump to a Lariat anymore to get LED headlights is a major plus.

Hoping for
  • 60/40 rear fold flat seat
  • 4A/advance 4x4
  • Heated steering wheel option
  • Tremor package
I'm currently on the waitlist at Chapman for when the 2023 order banks open. Hopefully pricing won't go up substantially and the packages are appealing.

For now just sitting back and waiting like everyone else.
Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Would you keep the Gladiator. if not why are you jumping ship.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you keep the Gladiator. if not why are you jumping ship.
No not keeping the Gladiator. I love it. It's just a pretty harsh ride and I have spinal issues that are getting worse. And as with any Jeep it is always a constant struggle to get it where you want it. Just Empty Every Pocket is not a lie.

Don't get me wrong. Upgrading and modding is fun. It can just become very consuming.

Ford Ranger New member waiting for more information F3E0C449-34BD-457C-BBAE-2F517CEB7DBC

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
If I do buy a 6G Ranger I would option for the 8 way adjustable heated seats. That paired with the advanced cruise control would make the Ranger more enjoyable on long distance trips. I know were you are coming from about back troubles. I have an old Ranger the seats are terrible, plus the cockpit is small for a large person. Then add on a standard transmission which I like most of the time. . I would not take it on a long trip.
I think Ford has made a mistake by not offering a rear split beach seat.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I do buy a 6G Ranger I would option for the 8 way adjustable heated seats. That paired with the advanced cruise control would make the Ranger more enjoyable on long distance trips. I know were you are coming from about back troubles. I have an old Ranger the seats are terrible, plus the cockpit is small for a large person. Then add on a standard transmission which I like most of the time. . I would not take it on a long trip.
I think Ford has made a mistake by not offering a rear split beach seat.
My issues are neck related. I've already had two fusions and I will probably need a third. The Gladiator seats are not comfortable for more than an hour and the ride as I said is pretty harsh. Even with suspension improvements I've made.

And watching the overseas videos it looks like they will stick with the one piece bench. Which makes zero sense. It makes the under seat storage unusable if you have a car seat. Maybe the NA version will be different. I guess we still have time to be vocal. LOL

Sponsored

jbrubakerjr

First Name
JIm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Would have posted this in the Introductions & Welcome Center, but posting is not open there for some reason.

I migrated over from B6G back in January. I currently have a Bronco on order with Chapman, but I'm still pretty far out. And at this point I'm kind of over the Bronco anyway.

I am really looking forward to the US reveal of the Gen6 Ranger. I would probably have already bought a Ranger, but there are things about the Gen5 I really didn't like.

I really like what I have seen so far with the overseas Gen6 reveal. The fact that you don't have to jump to a Lariat anymore to get LED headlights is a major plus.

Hoping for
  • 60/40 rear fold flat seat
  • 4A/advance 4x4
  • Heated steering wheel option
  • Tremor package
I'm currently on the waitlist at Chapman for when the 2023 order banks open. Hopefully pricing won't go up substantially and the packages are appealing.

For now just sitting back and waiting like everyone else.
I thought the 6G for the US was a MY2024

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the 6G for the US was a MY2024
No one knows for sure what they are going to classify them as. They are supposed to start production May 2023. So it will either be a short MY2023 run or a long MY2024 run.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
No not keeping the Gladiator. I love it. It's just a pretty harsh ride and I have spinal issues that are getting worse. And as with any Jeep it is always a constant struggle to get it where you want it. Just Empty Every Pocket is not a lie.

Don't get me wrong. Upgrading and modding is fun. It can just become very consuming.

F3E0C449-34BD-457C-BBAE-2F517CEB7DBC.jpeg
That's a nice looking Gladiator! I just sold my Jeep (2dr JLR) and while the ride wasn't to bad the Ranger with the IFS is so much more comfortable. I have back issues and I can drive my Ranger for hours and not be sore or be fidgeting around every 15 minutes trying to get comfortable. I'm on a month long trip now and have driven just under 4,000 miles in 3 weeks and can say I've never been uncomfortable once and my back has not been sore. Hopefully the new R6G is a better ride for you because there's nothing worse than driving and being in pain.

As far as Modding goes I think you'll find the Ranger can be almost as pricey and time consuming as a Jeep. There's far less aftermarket stuff than the Jeep but once you see all the cool stuff others are doing it's usually only a matter of time before you have boxes pilling up on your front porch. lol

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
As far as Modding goes I think you'll find the Ranger can be almost as pricey and time consuming as a Jeep. There's far less aftermarket stuff than the Jeep but once you see all the cool stuff others are doing it's usually only a matter of time before you have boxes pilling up on your front porch. lol
I'm guessing the aftermarket options will pick up with the 6G. My opinion has been that the aftermarket hasn't really gone "all in" on the 5G because they knew it was being phased out. Why invest time/money into developing something for a vehicle that is only going to be around for a few years.
I'm actually thankful the aftermarket selection is limited for the 5G. Keeps me from spending too much money. :p

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I'm guessing the aftermarket options will pick up with the 6G. My opinion has been that the aftermarket hasn't really gone "all in" on the 5G because they knew it was being phased out. Why invest time/money into developing something for a vehicle that is only going to be around for a few years.
I'm actually thankful the aftermarket selection is limited for the 5G. Keeps me from spending too much money. :p
Possibly but it will have been produced for 5 years and many companies won't sit idle waiting that long when they could be making money now. Jeep has been around a long time and has their own cult following and I don't think even the Bronco will see the amount of aftermarket stuff that's out there for the Jeep.

You're not looking hard enough, maybe I can help you spend some more money. lol 🤑

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Possibly but it will have been produced for 5 years and many companies won't sit idle waiting that long when they could be making money now. Jeep has been around a long time and has their own cult following and I don't think even the Bronco will see the amount of aftermarket stuff that's out there for the Jeep.

You're not looking hard enough, maybe I can help you spend some more money. lol 🤑

I'm actually surprised how much is already available for the Bronco in the short time it has been out.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
No one knows for sure what they are going to classify them as. They are supposed to start production May 2023. So it will either be a short MY2023 run or a long MY2024 run.
pretty sure a Farley interview mentioned it would begin production in July 2023 at same plant as Bronco? Maybe order banks open in May 2023?