New member from IL

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, there is a lot of good information. Honestly as a person new to towing it is enough to make your head spin.
The good thing is our trucks are very capable and user friendly and don't be afraid to ask questions, its a great way to learn from others mistakes without having to make them yourself lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

nubzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, Tow Package, FX4
Welcome aboard! Camper is a great option, there a lot of fantastic overland builds on here to maximize bed functionality and also look epic. I assume you have 4x4? can you post up more of your specs? Also make sure to chronical and post the trips we love seeing rangers out doing cool stuff

Not much more to add, 2020 Lariat model with Tow package and FX4. Minus a bed spray and tonneau cover, the truck is stock.

Welcome, I am also from IL. South burbs to he exact Tinley Park. Happy to be in Phoenix now. Dont have to shovel heat!

Enjoy the ranger, it is a nice truck. Dont forget to ask Dave about a damper. ?
Already got the tailgate damper! :cool:

OP
OP

nubzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, Tow Package, FX4
Welcome, I am also from IL. South burbs to he exact Tinley Park. Happy to be in Phoenix now. Dont have to shovel heat!

Enjoy the ranger, it is a nice truck. Dont forget to ask Dave about a damper. ?
I am western suburbs, but I know the area!

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Not much more to add, 2020 Lariat model with Tow package and FX4. Minus a bed spray and tonneau cover, the truck is stock.
Solid start, as others have said it won't be that way for long lol. If you are gonna be out and about using the truck itself for some offroading when you are out there I would get some recovery gear, maybe even a hitch mounted winch you could swap on and off as needed when you drop the trailer. Also when you make your way down to florida to see dry tortugas let me know I have a lot of great spots to see and stop at along the way, and I would be happy to guide yall on a detour of some fun offroad spots in central florida

Already got the tailgate damper! :cool:

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
HI Everyone and thanks for the approval to join the forum.

I recently (few weeks now) just picked up a 2020 Ranger Lariat, after upgrading from a 2011 Mazdaspeed3. I swear the engine in the Ranger is very similar to the one in the speed, just a bit more modern and can handle regular instead of only premium.

The main driving force(s) for picking up the Ranger:
1. Having a functional bed for moving stuff around
2. Tow capacity that could pull a small camper

I am located in the Midwest (Chicago suburbs), my wife is on a mission to visit all the US National parks we think picking up a camper now makes the most sense.

I have been lurking for a while now and there is good information here.

Thanks again!
I'm about an hour west of you - welcome to the zoo that is Ranger5G
Sponsored