First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
Network Operations Manager
Our 2.3 is fine, but would be awesome to get some of these options.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Did I do the conversion correctly? It said the hybrid would get a
combined fuel economy of 3.0 liters of fuel per 100km (62 miles).
I found a conversion formula of 235.21/ l per 100 km - so 235.21/3 = 78MPG?

https://www.wikihow.com/Convert-MPG-to-Liters-per-100km

That sounds WAY too high to me. If that is true, sign me up! 360 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque with 78MPG? That just sounds too goo to be true.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
OP
OP
Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
49.6 MPG when I try my math (ymmv). Still darn good...
If they do end up delivering something like that - that might be the one thing that temps me to trade my 2019. That would be AMAZING with 360 HP and 500ft lbs of torque! What a monster!

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
If they do end up delivering something like that - that might be the one thing that temps me to trade my 2019. That would be AMAZING with 360 HP and 500ft lbs of torque! What a monster!
don't care about MPG just give me more power

Deleted member 1634

Wonder how much it weighs with all the batteries....
My wife's new 2020 Escape Hybrid weighs ~250lbs more than the equivalent non-hybrid model. Really not that much in the grand scheme of things. Especially when you consider it gets almost double the fuel mileage. That's really only a few bags of mulch or one American man's worth of extra weight. For some that might be worth it, others it won't. But that's the beauty of having options.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
My wife's new 2020 Escape Hybrid weighs ~250lbs more than the equivalent non-hybrid model. Really not that much in the grand scheme of things. Especially when you consider it gets almost double the fuel mileage. That's really only a few bags of mulch or one American man's worth of extra weight. For some that might be worth it, others it won't. But that's the beauty of having options.
yea 250 isnt bad at all

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
its the price difference that always rules out hybrids for me -- they are generally thousands more and it will take me a long time to make that break even point. most of my driving is highway commuter so hybrid benefit is questionable. I get a bout 20 consistency with the new ranger now and Im pretty happy with that.

Deleted member 1634

its the price difference that always rules out hybrids for me -- they are generally thousands more and it will take me a long time to make that break even point. most of my driving is highway commuter so hybrid benefit is questionable. I get a bout 20 consistency with the new ranger now and Im pretty happy with that.
I'll once again use my wife's 2020 Escape Hybrid as an example. It was only $1200 more than the equivalent non-hybrid model. The original gen Escape Hybrid was way too much to make it worth it (like $4000 more I think), but this one was a no-brainer for us. My wife uses it primarily for work commuting, and we'll use it for a few day/weekend trips in the future when we can do that stuff again, so it makes sense for us. And since I've already spent over $2000 on gas on the truck in the last year, this will definitely save us some money.

Doesn't make sense for everybody, like you for instance maybe, but it's definitely not as big of a price difference as it used to be, so it makes sense for more people than it used to.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
agreed --everyone has different needs from their car / truck getting a hybrid would make sense for my wife, her commute is about 5 miles each way in town so she'd likely use zero gas while I do about 35 miles each way on the highway so I'd likely see next to no benefit from a hybrid. the gap in cast and increase in range is getting better every year ----- Im hoping for an all electric some day but not yet.
Sponsored