New guy

• Thread starter Deleted member 16131
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 16131

Hello.
Long time listener first time caller -- been reading for awhile and decided to give this a go.

Rig comparison - 2016 Ram 2500HD with 4 inch lift -- 160K when traded (bought new) vs 2021 Ranger XL STX -- 10 miles when purchased one year ago next Tuesday (31,100 miles as of this morning)

notes: -
  • I really loved my Ram until I was permanently injured; L4 & L5 discs ruptured. Could not handle the ride of the Ram any longer. I previously owned a 2005 Ranger XLT Supercab (ran it for 310K). Thought that I'd go big after that - hence the Ram. Back into a supercab now.
  • Found exactly what I was looking for - XL STX 4x4 supercab.
  • Minor mods: spray-in bedliner, soft cover, mud guards, bug deflect., removed rear seat cushions for my pal, Armodillo bull bar.
  • This is our fin & feather rig. We chase birds and fish a ton.
  • Love this truck. No complaints this early in ownership and do not expect any.
  • Will be upgrading tires next summer.
Pics for comparison are attached - I hope. I have never been apart of a forum before today.

IMG_9052 (002).jpeg

PXL_20221021_165127563.MP.jpg
Sponsored

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Welcome to this great forum and the fantastic 5G Ford Ranger.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Welcome Chris! I have back issues (not as severe as yours) and can say the Ranger is very comfortable. We went on a 5,000 mile road trip and never once did I have a sore back or had to fidget around trying to get comfortable like I did in my Tacoma.

The forum is great and you'll find a lot of great info along with many here will to help, I think you'll enjoy it. Your bank account....not so much.:curse:?

Money3.gif

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Welcome. I also traded a Cummins 2500 in for my Ranger. Loved the beast but no longer needed it after our 5th wheel was totalled. So far the Ranger is meeting my needs.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16131

Welcome Chris! I have back issues (not as severe as yours) and can say the Ranger is very comfortable. We went on a 5,000 mile road trip and never once did I have a sore back or had to fidget around trying to get comfortable like I did in my Tacoma.

The forum is great and you'll find a lot of great info along with many here will to help, I think you'll enjoy it. Your bank account....not so much.:curse:?

Money3.gif
Can't take it with me - so might as well spend it! Between my wife and my dog - there's usually not much left! lol