First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 for ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Jack of all trades
I want this setup but with the tent pop up style they have. The quality is the best for sure.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Wow looks pretty sweet. Lots of dampers for Dave LOL!

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
This is what I wanted when I was looking for toppers last year. Looks solid but those cross braces are seriously in the way. Why do you need to put a truck on top of a truck? That price tag... Ouch. Glad I didn't wait and built my own.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Wow looks pretty sweet. Lots of dampers for Dave LOL!
6 struts 0 dampers. 8 on the camper. struts assist with opening/closing and dampers just impede progress.

struts= good
damper= bad

powder coat and latches on mine didn't last 10 months. but the struts are still going strong

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
I await my Snugtop Rebel order, to which I added vented windoors, Ford FOB power lock, roof tracks, tilt down front window. Came out to $3600 but with tax and install, $4000. That's about what this GFC cost, before tax.

If the GFC were available to order last month, I would've seriously considered it. That said, fiberglass canopies are not as weak as the video presenter suggests. In fact, it performed admirably with a truck put atop the thing - this is a stressor that will never, ever occur in real life. I've never heard of someone seriously injuring their canopy due to off road driving. I'm sure its happened to someone, but I wouldn't say that's a serious shortcoming of fiberglass canopies.

GFC has no side windows. That is a hit on visibility, to some degree.

Remains to be seen if the GFC provides a truly dry storage, given the hinges and seems that run the full length of the side and back.

I'm no fan of roof top tents, and will not own one. So, I'll not need that load bearing capability.

All said, if the GFC were an option when I ordered my Snugtop, I'd have seriously considered it. I'm not sold that it is heads and shoulders 'better' than an optioned Snugtop Rebel in the style, features and functionality department.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Can somebody explain to me the market for this?

I get the camper model. But from what I can see there are far better topper options at or below the price of this.

Last edited:

Noface

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Nerd
Can somebody explain to me the market for this?

I get the camper model. But from what I can see there are far better topper options at or below the price if this.
Like what? How many have this level of access? How many have this level of stock mounting options let alone any side / roof mounting capabilities?

if interested, here is it fully open. At first you would think the side braces get in the way but I have yet to experience it. I have also yet to experience water leakage unlike my ATC.

The only issue I can see people having is the beefy mounting hardware getting in the way if the are trying to haul items that are at peak dimensions of the bed. They are pretty bulky. With that in mind they are heavy duty and only slightly larger than the clamps that the ATC used.

A420C15A-1F86-4E45-B2D3-1439C507A195.jpeg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Like what? How many have this level of access? How many have this level of stock mounting options let alone any side / roof mounting capabilities?

if interested, here is it fully open. At first you would think the side braces get in the way but I have yet to experience it. I have also yet to experience water leakage unlike my ATC.

A420C15A-1F86-4E45-B2D3-1439C507A195.jpeg
Website says "starting" at $4k.

RSI Smartcap is $3800 if you must have load capacity.

And many of the fiberglass topper manufacturers offer flip up opening side windows.

I know the supports won't get in the way. My Fastop, soft topper/tonneau combination, uses them.

But if I wanted something like the GFTopper I'd look at something this instead. For less than half the price.

9A839CA7-CD68-4814-B521-8D236007EF78.jpg

ARE commercial topper.

It doesn't scream "I overland" like the GFC badge though

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I don't get the topper either. the point, for me, of the GFC camper is the ability to stand in the bed. why would I want a topper then put a tent on top and loose that ability?

@D Fresh somewhere there are pictures of a truck sitting upside down on the GFC camper and there was no damage to it. just saying
Sponsored