Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX2, 2014 Ford Explorer xlt
Occupation
Plant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
20200507_152953.jpg

Got my gator tonneau today and installed it before work. I was worried i would have to drill into my bed for the bulkhead seal but they have apparently improved on the new models. It used two wellnuts and two washers to hold it in the two holes that are in the bed from the factory. I did not want any clamps or new holes in my bed so this seems to fit the bill nicely. I may have to modify the latch handles if i decide to add the swing cases though.
Sponsored

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Looks good! I had the same cover for a few months before I got my Softopper, and it worked really well for me, no complaints! I just wanted more covered volume, so thats the only reason I switched. Would recommend to anyone looking for an inexpensive cover :thumbsup:

IMG_20190629_1036557.jpg

OP
OP
Bigcountry1986
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone that has had this cover tried to install swing cases? I feel like the new spring style latch handles will be in the way.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Has anyone that has had this cover tried to install swing cases? I feel like the new spring style latch handles will be in the way.

I have this same cover installed and love it. The price was very reasonable for what you get. It only took about 20 minutes to get it lined up and installed with the tailgate weather stripping. My only mild gripe is the spring clamps on the rear could have a little more clamping force.

The rear spring latching system while sticking down a fair bit is for the most part doesn't get in the way. The latches sit at the very edge of the cover pointing straight down and line up with the bed rails. I keep a 55 gallon HDX storage bin secured to the rear bed tie-downs and it easily fits under the cover and doesn't interfere with the clamps or keeping this tub back there at all.

I'll take a picture of the clamps in relation to the tub it and post it up in a bit.

Last edited:

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
OK so go, here's is the 55 gallon tote under the cover.

Bed box.jpg

And this is how the clamps sit and how far down they go when in place.

Cover rear clamp.jpg

Looking at the picture of the Swing Case on Stage3 it looks like the clamp would extend down almost 2" too low for the Swing Case to clear it.

OP
OP
Bigcountry1986
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Thats what i thought. I may look for a different storage solution or look into modding or fabricating new handles to clear the swing cases.

OP
OP
Bigcountry1986
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
20200508_173430.jpg

I did finally get time to install the bedrug impact mat. It looks and feels well made. Now i just have to find a storage solution. I woud like to find a locking bin and i may fabricate something to lock it to the two rear tie downs when it is in the bed. Want it to be quickly removed for when i need the entire bed though.
Sponsored