Ordered some bushwhacked flares the RTRs are nice but too much money

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Installed the Lund fender flares this weekend. Pretty happy with the look they give. Now to get my leveling kit on.
EBB882ED-FC00-4AC2-AB84-5FDF86BF61AB.jpeg
According to the info on these they provide 2.5” of tire coverage, is this correct? They look very similar to the Bushwacker flares and they advertise 1.5” of coverage.

Cobrablues

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Railroad
I just ordered the Air Design fender flares with extensions. I struggled with it about the cost. It was okay without the extensions but I didn't like the lip it left on the front. My wife saw me looking and commented about the price. I then used my "Well at least it is not another guitar or bicycle." Then I got the look. You know the raised eyebrow. However, she really is quite supportive and agrees that if you really want something, don't get what you don't want. HOOAH!

Cobrablues

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Railroad
I just ordered the Air Design fender flares with extensions. I struggled with it about the cost. It was okay without the extensions but I didn't like the lip it left on the front. My wife saw me looking and commented about the price. I then used my "Well at least it is not another guitar or bicycle." Then I got the look. You know the raised eyebrow. However, she really is quite supportive and agrees that if you really want something, don't get what you don't want. HOOAH!
I got the Air Design flares in about a week.. A bit of a nightmare making everything fit. Their ideas about about adhesive are a bit challenging. The best thing in the kit was the black adhesive. Certainly made everything look like it was a perfect fit. Only one of the flares actually was a perfect fit. And in my Unhumble Opinion, steel body screws certainly work best. I don't think the extensions were worth the price but they do look good. I believe I might have not bought the extensions because the lip from the flares were not bad at all. All in all they coverage from rocks is worth it regardless of which brand you get.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Where’s the photo

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Mike,

Can you tell me how much wider these flares are? I've heard 2", but can you confirm this please? Air Design won't answer my emails or their phone......

Cobrablues

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Railroad
Hey Mike,

Can you tell me how much wider these flares are? I've heard 2", but can you confirm this please? Air Design won't answer my emails or their phone......
Sorry about the long response time. I don't come in here very much. I measured the width of the flare but that doesn't give an accurate description. I believe two inches would be a safe answer. The best thing I like about them is the wider bottom that deflects rocks or other debris from your truck both front and back. I paid a bit extra for the fender extensions but after I got them, I didn't install them right away. I honestly don't think the truck really looked bad without them. They weren't a cheap upgrade. Air Design is the only company, I believe that has them. And they are not fast shippers.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about the long response time. I don't come in here very much. I measured the width of the flare but that doesn't give an accurate description. I believe two inches would be a safe answer. The best thing I like about them is the wider bottom that deflects rocks or other debris from your truck both front and back. I paid a bit extra for the fender extensions but after I got them, I didn't install them right away. I honestly don't think the truck really looked bad without them. They weren't a cheap upgrade. Air Design is the only company, I believe that has them. And they are not fast shippers.
No problem on the delayed response, since your original post was in April, and I just found it last week, haha. Thanks, 2" should be good enough for the look I'm going with! That's unfortunate that Air Design operates that way, no CS whatsoever and slow shipping.... How long did the flares take to reach you, after you ordered them? You're right on them being the only company that has flares like this too... I'm planning on ordering all my parts soon, then either waiting 3-8 months for the '21 Ranger I ordered or just going out and finding one close to it.
Sponsored