Negative Posts

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
I get it. You have been wronged and want to stand on the soapbox and continually express your displeasure.

Some work through an issue and some just whine and complain.This is the nature of forums

Complainer: Ohh woe is me. I bought a <insert product> and the left hand wiggle nut only turns right. Oh woe, I have been wronged.

Legitimate: I have a problem, does anyone have a solution? What can I do to resolve. It's unfortunate but stuff happens.

Moving forward I shall engage the ignore option so I don't get sucked into the perpetually negative vortex.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I get it. You have been wronged and want to stand on the soapbox and continually express your displeasure.

Some work through an issue and some just whine and complain.This is the nature of forums

Complainer: Ohh woe is me. I bought a <insert product> and the left hand wiggle nut only turns right. Oh woe, I have been wronged.

Legitimate: I have a problem, does anyone have a solution? What can I do to resolve. It's unfortunate but stuff happens.

Moving forward I shall engage the ignore option so I don't get sucked into the perpetually negative vortex.
Hi Larry,

Good post! I have been asked for an engineering opinion, and in trying to be objective, I did not give the answer that was wanted. It went into the toilette from there.... I thought about just giving up on this site and go about my business of being retired and address the demands for my Art... But I decided this is part of being a former Ford Engineer and my responsibility to be an ambassador of the company....part of giving back as it is.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Surfink

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pepper White Cooper S Clubman, 2019 Saber STX SuperCrew
Vehicle Showcase
I thank you for your insight and explanations..
Cheers from So Cal. I am a "new to Ford truck guy"

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi Larry,

Good post! I have been asked for an engineering opinion, and in trying to be objective, I did not give the answer that was wanted. It went into the toilette from there.... I thought about just giving up on this site and go about my business of being retired and address the demands for my Art... But I decided this is part of being a former Ford Engineer and my responsibility to be an ambassador of the company....part of giving back as it is.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I’m glad you’re hanging in there because I enjoy reading all your valuable information!

OP
OP
SandBaja

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
I’m glad you’re hanging in there because I enjoy reading all your valuable information!
#metoo (without the "other" connotation) :like:

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
My Ranger ride quality is horrible. I had the dealer check it out; "Shorter Wheel base", deal with it.

I bought new wheel$ and tire$ in order to gain some sidewall. Helped a little bit. I also have purchased after market $hocks yet to be installed.

By the OP criteria I am legitimate, right.

Yet my post suggesting a look at a longer wheel base in another model for someone who is concerned about ride quality, is deleted. If we cannot caution people around here before they go spending hard earned cash what are we? Cheerleaders for what might be considered by some as an also ran except for the engine and perhaps the 4x4 software?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger ride quality is horrible. I had the dealer check it out; "Shorter Wheel base", deal with it.

I bought new wheel$ and tire$ in order to gain some sidewall. Helped a little bit. I also have purchased after market $hocks yet to be installed.

Yet my post suggesting a look at a longer wheel base in another model for someone who is concerned about ride quality, is deleted. If we cannot caution people around here before they go spending hard earned cash what are we? Cheerleaders for what might be considered by some as an also ran except for the engine and perhaps the 4x4 software?
The post was deleted because it contained no useful information. Had it stated "I suggest you look at a longer wheelbase truck for a better ride" it would have been fine.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
^ nitpicking

we should all just run our posts through an editor first so it conforms to an imaginary level of acceptance
Just trying to keep the site from degrading into a free for all. Moderators have a tough job - can't please everyone. If you have any problems with moderation, you can take it up with the owners of the site.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Feelings have no place on the internet... I try to help where I can, where I can't, I attempt to learn.

I consider this post to be "feeding the trolls". I.E Your trolling is working, keep it up...

This isn't an airport, you don't need to announce your departure.

Str8sh0otr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4

The main reason I am on this site is support for ride quality. Drove Chevy, Taco and Ranger but obviously missed it. Was forced into a fast purchase due to an accident and didn't do all my research. I appreciate your candid posts and hope that this community can share ideas on aftermarket solutions, even if it hurts some feelings in the process. I read one "enthusiast" that wrote it rides well on smooth roads.....thanks for the insight!

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
no need to go to the owners
I'll just keep you on your toes and call you out when you fail to nitpick similar posts like the one you deleted.
you set the precedence after all.
Is that like trolling?

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase