Need reassurance / advice. White marks on truck.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
My Ranger has these white marks on the doorhandles and fenders. Is this just where the wax has run over? It's only done 5000 miles and while it's been snowed on and had 118 degree days, I've washed it and waxed it as often as I can.

IMG_6677.jpg

IMG_6679.jpg

IMG_6680.jpg
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
303 Aerospace Protectant and it will take it off and protect it from the UV rays.
If 303 ever aligns itself with DeeZee, you will indeed be dangerous ?

OP
OP
Hickesy

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
303 Aerospace Protectant and it will take it off and protect it from the UV rays.
I have some of that and sprayed it on after I waxed. Should I have taped off the plastic when waxing and then sprayed?

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have some of that and sprayed it on after I waxed. Should I have taped off the plastic when waxing and then sprayed?
No need to tape off the plastic but just use the corner of the applicator around the edges where it meets the plastic. It's tough not getting anything on there but some 303 right away and a little elbow grease works good. I use Graphene now which is nice because you can hit everything without having the white residue left on it.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Any time you apply a wax/sealant you want to tape off items that it should not be applied to. Been a side hustle detailer for many years and it is VERY common to see overspray/coverage from customers. If you use a spray wax, spray it onto the microfiber towel facing away from the truck, not onto the surface directly.

A diluted degreaser will take that right off. Be aware that it will also remove the wax from any area you spray it on, or it runs down. Follow up with a good protectant like 303, PoorBOys world trim, SB3 Tuxx, or Solution Finish for your dark plastics.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
This is what’s so great (or not) about this forum. You post a question and within an hour, you get some answers, advice, entertainment, a product pitch, and a joke or two. ??