First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
So I have some very basic knowledge of electronics. Well, maybe less than basic. :oops:
The pic provided: Is this ok, trying not to use three relays. Everything is fused and the relay coil will also have a diode. I have red fog lights in the rear that work from a switch in my light selector. Im replacing the light bulb socket so I can fit a dual (high/Low) LED.
Low-running lights
High 1-brake lights
High 2-fog lights "Obviously if the fogs are on while I apply the brakes there will be no change"

The above is the basic of what I want to accomplish. What I really want to do::::
I would like to build a basic circuit, maybe with a 555 timer or some type of LM.
Low-running
High 1- Brake
High 2- Fog "however I would like the brake lights to blink (turn signal speed) if the fog lights are on"
I made this work with 3 relays and a blinker relay, but thats a little ridiculous lol
If someone can help and give me a schematic for dummies (something I can understand) I will be more than willing to pay for your time. :beer:

Relay Model.png

IMG_3801.jpg
Sponsored

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I would have to diagram it out to see for sure, but I think you need multiple relays to accomplish this because you want the brake lights to act differently when the fogs are on than when they are not.

Am I understanding it correctly that you already have it working as you want, you just want to reduce the number of relays? If that is the case, my vote is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" ?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
So I have some very basic knowledge of electronics. Well, maybe less than basic. :oops:
The pic provided: Is this ok, trying not to use three relays. Everything is fused and the relay coil will also have a diode. I have red fog lights in the rear that work from a switch in my light selector. Im replacing the light bulb socket so I can fit a dual (high/Low) LED.
Low-running lights
High 1-brake lights
High 2-fog lights "Obviously if the fogs are on while I apply the brakes there will be no change"

The above is the basic of what I want to accomplish. What I really want to do::::
I would like to build a basic circuit, maybe with a 555 timer or some type of LM.
Low-running
High 1- Brake
High 2- Fog "however I would like the brake lights to blink (turn signal speed) if the fog lights are on"
I made this work with 3 relays and a blinker relay, but thats a little ridiculous lol
If someone can help and give me a schematic for dummies (something I can understand) I will be more than willing to pay for your time. :beer:
It might be helpful if you post the diagram of your multi relay setup that did what you want.
Also check out https://www.the12volt.com/ fhey have a ton of relay setups and a forum you could ask For help.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I would have to diagram it out to see for sure, but I think you need multiple relays to accomplish this because you want the brake lights to act differently when the fogs are on than when they are not.

Am I understanding it correctly that you already have it working as you want, you just want to reduce the number of relays? If that is the case, my vote is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" ?
You er exactly right, I trying to get rid of all the relays it takes just to add the blinking brake with fog activated. When I had it working, I did not like the way I over complicated it. Also, using a flasher just made it feel cheap for some reason. Im sure this can be accomplished with a chip, I just not sure how to do it. I know the guys that play around with the Arduino boards could figure it out.
It might be helpful if you post the diagram of your multi relay setup that did what you want.
Also check out https://www.the12volt.com/ fhey have a ton of relay setups and a forum you could ask For help.
I will look into that site you posted and appreciate the link. Im hoping a forum member could help first, I would rather throw someone here a few bucks for a beer. :beer:

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
You er exactly right, I trying to get rid of all the relays it takes just to add the blinking brake with fog activated. When I had it working, I did not like the way I over complicated it. Also, using a flasher just made it feel cheap for some reason. Im sure this can be accomplished with a chip, I just not sure how to do it. I know the guys that play around with the Arduino boards could figure it out.

I will look into that site you posted and appreciate the link. Im hoping a forum member could help first, I would rather throw someone here a few bucks for a beer. :beer:
You could put it all nicely in a box, and it could look very clean.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
You could put it all nicely in a box, and it could look very clean.
You er right, I even have the box. I would rather (if possiable) just use a board. Solder up a couple in case one goes bad. It would be cleaner and easier to conceal. I could use this same board for other things aswell.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Check out this guys site. Lots of different custom boards. Pretty sure one should work for you. https://corsomotion.com/collections...ht-brake-control-module-pb-module-v-2-00-each
I sent them an email/message describing what I want. I searched on and off alot the other day trying to find things like this. :mad: My search phrases must be weak sauce.

Today Im going play around with a flash controller I bought for other projects. Its the ones that are used for switchback set ups. I had an idea last night with it .

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I sent them an email/message describing what I want. I searched on and off alot the other day trying to find things like this. :mad: My search phrases must be weak sauce.

Today Im going play around with a flash controller I bought for other projects. Its the ones that are used for switchback set ups. I had an idea last night with it .
He has some pretty nice stuff. Take your time and look through everything he makes. One of them is probably what your looking to do and not break the bank. Boards are small too

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Alex maybe when Sid @Msfitoy sees this he can help you? If anyone knows lights and wiring it would be him. ;)
Bad advice...don't listen to Dave...I'm lucky my truck isn't a giant lump of charred smoldering hot mess but I keep on truck'n... ?