Need firmware for 5-star Ngauge Tuner? I have it.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
If you pre-ordered like me, you got an Ngauge that wouldn’t talk to the ‘19 Ranger without a firmware update. So you have to update the firmware first, which just became available, then download your stock map and email it to 5-star, then they can deliver your new custom maps.

Here’s instructions for updating the firmware: http://e-motionproducts.com/updates/nGauge/FWUpdate.html

You’ll have to message me for the firmware file, this site won’t allow me to upload it. It is firmware version 290.
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
If you pre-ordered like me, you got an Ngauge that wouldn’t talk to the ‘19 Ranger without a firmware update. So you have to update the firmware first, which just became available, then download your stock map and email it to 5-star, then they can deliver your new custom maps.

Here’s instructions for updating the firmware: http://e-motionproducts.com/updates/nGauge/FWUpdate.html

You’ll have to message me for the firmware file, this site won’t allow me to upload it. It is firmware version 290.
Any progress on this? What are the tune stages with your 5 star model?

OP
OP
Randy2400h

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Any progress on this? What are the tune stages with your 5 star model?
I’m currently out on a trip so I won’t have a chance to look even download my stock map and send it to 5-star until Friday morning. The problem previously was that I couldn’t send my stock maps to 5-star without a firmware update for the Ngauge tuner, it wouldn’t talk to the Ranger at all.

I have tunes for both daily driver and performance for each octane of fuel we have at the pump here in Colorado (85, 87, 91). I have unlimited re-tunes, but I figure I’ll include the Gibson cat-back in there, even though it’s not even installed yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I’m currently out on a trip so I won’t have a chance to look even download my stock map and send it to 5-star until Friday morning. The problem previously was that I couldn’t send my stock maps to 5-star without a firmware update for the Ngauge tuner, it wouldn’t talk to the Ranger at all.

I have tunes for both daily driver and performance for each octane of fuel we have at the pump here in Colorado (85, 87, 91). I have unlimited re-tunes, but I figure I’ll include the Gibson cat-back in there, even though it’s not even installed yet.
Sounds like a plan!
Sponsored