Nav screen frozen

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Three days ago while attempting to use my factory nav system, 2019 Lariat, the map screen froze and will not change. My truck thinks it's about an hour from my home and will not change. Through the Nav screens even when I hit vehicle location it shows the truck is an hour away. I've turned it on and off several times and have tried to enter various destinations but the truck location in Nav does not change
I've tried the master reset too, no change.....

I have not disconnected my battery, I have the Ford Performance program installed and wasn't sure if disconnecting the battery would wipe it out or not

any other ideas or suggestions?
Sponsored

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ford performance program?? If this is ECU tuning, then no, disconnecting batt will not reset ecu to factory tuning.

OP
OP

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
yes the Ford Performance power pack tune ..... thanks that helps. I had a hell of a time getting it installed and didn't want to go through that again

I'll try disconnecting the battery and report back

OP
OP

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
disconnecting the battery didn't work either.... my truck is still lost

I guess I'll have to take it to the dealer...... nice group but it takes 1/2 of a day (minimum) to get anything done even when it's scheduled.

rparge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired.
Did you try the soft reset?
Just in case....

Hold down NEXT TRACK + POWER for 5 seconds.

OP
OP

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
yep, I did the "soft" reset yesterday..... the map keeps showing the same location, about an hour from where I live...... odd thing about it is this is the area I was in when I was trying to use it a couple of days ago, it's like it just locked up where I was located and will not change or update

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
What version SYNC are you running? Its my understanding 3.4 is now out and available for the 2019. If you're still running an earlier version, might be worth doing an update? Build version?

Last edited:
OP
OP

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Yes, I ordered a flash drive with the updated version today after the battery disconnect didn’t work.
It’s just crazy that the screen never moves

OP
OP

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I noticed last night that the Nav screen does have a red circle showing GPS with a line thru on the lower left of the map screen, obviously the GPS isn't working which is why the vehicle is stuck on the map

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just checked the Ford site and only lists the 3.3 version as the most dated.
What am I missing?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I noticed last night that the Nav screen does have a red circle showing GPS with a line thru on the lower left of the map screen, obviously the GPS isn't working which is why the vehicle is stuck on the map
It sounds like it is not acquiring GPS signal. If you are still under the 3/36K part of your warranty, the GPS unit or even the whole APIM should be covered.

OP
OP

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Yes, I’m still covered just trying to trouble shoot to save having to go to a dealer and leave it for half a day
Thanks for the recommendations

OP
OP

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
so go figure, this afternoon I made a run to the bank and on the way home the truck found itself!

Nav now shows current location and appears to be working fine...…. not sure what happened but crapped out on Monday evening and came back Friday afternoon, crazy!

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
so go figure, this afternoon I made a run to the bank and on the way home the truck found itself!

Nav now shows current location and appears to be working fine...…. not sure what happened but crapped out on Monday evening and came back Friday afternoon, crazy!
Loose connection....???
Sponsored