National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(Recalls/Complaints/Crash tests)

TheKracka

First Name
Klay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4/2005 xB
Occupation
I fix things not people

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
If you're ever wondering if a recall has been performed or not you can search your vin here:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

There's a plethora of other safety information and complaints you can search and find for any vehicle.

NCAP for Ranger can be found here:
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/database/MEDIA/GetMedia.aspx?tstno=10816&index=1&database=V&type=R
That's not accurate in that it doesn't show completed recalls. As if they never existed for the vehicle. This is from our '12 Focus, which certainly has had several safety recalls done now, including door latches and sticking purge valves that can create enough vacuum to collapse the plastic fuel tank.

What this VIN search tool will not show
  • A vehicle with a repaired safety recall. If your vehicle has no unrepaired recalls, you will see the message: "0 Unrepaired recalls associated with this VIN"
Pretty sure that Ford's owner site also won't show that info, unless some dealers actually enter service records. I imagine they exist, just like a few probably still perform the required pre-delivery inspection. Based on this site, it sure seems none do.

OP
OP
TheKracka

TheKracka

First Name
Klay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4/2005 xB
Occupation
I fix things not people
That's not accurate in that it doesn't show completed recalls. As if they never existed for the vehicle. This is from our '12 Focus, which certainly has had several safety recalls done now, including door latches and sticking purge valves that can create enough vacuum to collapse the plastic fuel tank.

What this VIN search tool will not show
  • A vehicle with a repaired safety recall. If your vehicle has no unrepaired recalls, you will see the message: "0 Unrepaired recalls associated with this VIN"
Pretty sure that Ford's owner site also won't show that info, unless some dealers actually enter service records. I imagine they exist, just like a few probably still perform the required pre-delivery inspection. Based on this site, it sure seems none do.
Yeah, I wish it would show "repaired" recalls and not just ones that haven't been performed.

If you search the vehicle type you'll find a list of complaints, not sure where they get these complaints from?
Sponsored