First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Occupation
Sales
the 2019 ranger I have has a b&o audio sound system that goes in and out sound what turn up but starts back does it again anyone having same problem
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Yes it just happened on my new 2022 F150 B&O with Sync 4. Played well on stereo sound, but would cut in and out when I had it in surround mode. I was able to fix it by performing a factory reset through the sync menu. Problem solved

OP
OP

Pcjones35

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Occupation
Sales
I am new to forums I did a bad job explaining my problem when my radio goes silent the volume goes to 0 you can't turn the volume up stays on 0 but you can park my truck for a while and it works fine till it does it again

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am new to forums I did a bad job explaining my problem when my radio goes silent the volume goes to 0 you can't turn the volume up stays on 0 but you can park my truck for a while and it works fine till it does it again
Hi Paul,

You did fine to get an answer from another forum member... Do not worry too much about getting it grammatically correct...we can just ask a couple more question...

Best,
Phil

OP
OP

Pcjones35

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for the advice

OP
OP

Pcjones35

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Occupation
Sales
If anyone has had same problem I would greatly appreciate any help

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Paul, if the problem you are having with your audio is that it stops, especially when listening to Sirius, it is a well known problem and there are many threads on this (Google Ranger Sirius problems). The final fix was to update to version 21194. This cured the audio issues and also fixed problems accessing traffic, weather, fuel prices, etc. For a quick temporary fix, do a soft reset of Sirius.

Edit: How to do a Soft Reset of Sync:

SIMULTANEOUSLY (at the same exact time) press the Scan Forward button (>>) and the CENTER power button (audio system power) and HOLD them in for a little more than 10 seconds. The screen will go black. RELEASE the buttons at the black screen. System will then reboot.

1650154871022.png

Last edited: