My "Purple Path-Eater" Tremor

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Hopefully a little something different from what you're used to seeing. I'm interested in seeing what are other people's thoughts are. I think the color will be very divisive, but I like it (obviously)! Don't think there is another Ranger in this color!

These photos were taken by the local business I went to by a professional after it was color wrapped, so they've been touched up and the color isn't as intense in person, but still eye-popping and catches all the curves in the bodywork. Wrap colors are Satin Purple Metallic (by Avery Dennison) with Gloss Light Green (by 3M) as the accent color. My Wife made up the custom TREMOR graphic for the side, and they were able to transfer it to a cutting program and get the dimensions I requested.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

From the pictures, only things done are: changed the wheels to 17" Sparco Dakar wheels (exact same size as stock as I wanted to keep the tires, only difference is they stick out about 1/2" more than stock due to the offset), and the Carbon Creations Raptor-style carbon fiber hood. A MBRP 3" cat back turndown exhaust was installed after these pictures were taken. It sounds great, if a little drone-y on the highway, but the noise on acceleration is perfect to me and just a touch louder than stock.

Other goodies I have in waiting are: Pedal Commander throttle response controller, AlphaRex NOVA-series LED projector headlights in Alpha-black, aFe Quantum cold air intake, and aFe BladeRunner 3" aluminum hot and cold charge pipe kit. I also want RokBlokz XL mud flaps in Lime Green, but they are on backorder at the moment.

Future additions include the RSI SmartCap, and Expedition One Mule Ultra roof rack.

I'll definitely be able to find it when I go out camping!
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I don't not like it.
Good to be different!

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Very Nice! Now that should be the Raptor color!

OP
OP
Trailbreaker-Tremor
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like it!

I'm considering vinyl wrapping mine if it ever gets here from the factory. Did the shop say the Ranger was easy or hard to wrap compared to other vehicles?
Only had 2 issues with the wrap that they told me about. One with with the Raptor-style hood, the way its shaped on the edge along the windshield is pretty bad for wrapping, and because its not metal, they can't use their magnets to hold it in place when they stretch it. This caused the PPF to pull up the vinyl in the valley parts of the hood, but they covered it under their lifetime warranty and re-did it with no extra cost to me. And the other spot was the little notch in the fuel door were you press was a bit of a pain, they had to redo it 3 times before they gave it back to me. Hopefully no future issues, but it's covered by them if it does happen.

OP
OP
Trailbreaker-Tremor
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much was the wrap?
I'm in Canada, so just the wrap itself was $5500 CAD. Conversion looks to be around $4000 USD. Depends on where you go too, I guess.

But I got all the surfaces covered in Xpel PPF, plus they did 2 coats of ceramic on top of that to protect it for even longer. They also tinted the driver/passenger window, ceramic coated the interior, and did undercoating with ceramic as well. Was pretty pricey overall, but being a new vehicle that I plan to keep as long as I can, I figured I'd give it the best chance of lasting as long as I want it.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Wow that's friggin killer! I like it. Close to my 1999 Toyota Tacoma's Metalic Cobalt Blue Pearl color but a shade darker. Wild to say the least. :rockon:

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Looks sick man. A little too much green for my taste, but looks amazing.