First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
Hi. I got my 2021 ranger xlt 4x4 last week. My first truck to own. I was leaning towards an f150 but I want to be able to park in my garage. A lot of vehicle break ins where I live. After watching a lot of ranger videos I decided to go with one. I already put running boards on there and I have the tailgate dampener waiting to be installed. I ended up buying certified preowned which only 1499 miles on it. I was trying to go for a full brand new one but when I was calling the dealers, they were gouging the price 5k plus over the msrp. I scheduled a test drive but didn't show up. Instead I checked out this guy and got a good deal on it. Plus with the certified preowned I get the extended warranty on top of the regular one. Now I just need to get a tonneau cover for it. I tried ordering the painted cover to match the truck but its the wrong shade of blue. Mine is velocity blue and they still have lightning blue listed for the 2021. So now I'm leaning towards a fold cover.

I love that I can park in the garage because a few days later, there were multiple vehicles getting broken in to in my neighborhood.

I also love driving this thing. My neighborhood is next to a highway and I have to go full speed leaving and it doesn't disappoint.

20210707_115845.jpg
20210705_181127.jpg
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Hi. I got my 2021 ranger xlt 4x4 last week. My first truck to own. I was leaning towards an f150 but I want to be able to park in my garage. A lot of vehicle break ins where I live. After watching a lot of ranger videos I decided to go with one. I already put running boards on there and I have the tailgate dampener waiting to be installed. I ended up buying certified preowned which only 1499 miles on it. I was trying to go for a full brand new one but when I was calling the dealers, they were gouging the price 5k plus over the msrp. I scheduled a test drive but didn't show up. Instead I checked out this guy and got a good deal on it. Plus with the certified preowned I get the extended warranty on top of the regular one. Now I just need to get a tonneau cover for it. I tried ordering the painted cover to match the truck but its the wrong shade of blue. Mine is velocity blue and they still have lightning blue listed for the 2021. So now I'm leaning towards a fold cover.

I love that I can park in the garage because a few days later, there were multiple vehicles getting broken in to in my neighborhood.

I also love driving this thing. My neighborhood is next to a highway and I have to go full speed leaving and it doesn't disappoint.

20210707_115845.jpg
20210705_181127.jpg
That's exactly why I bought my Ranger. The F-150 wouldn't fit in my garage.
Happy with having to "settle"!
Enjoy your ride. Beautiful color!

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
That's exactly why I bought my Ranger. The F-150 wouldn't fit in my garage.
Happy with having to "settle"!
Enjoy your ride. Beautiful color!
Same here (plus I didn't need to be able to tow a tuna boat)

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jimmy. Nice looking truck, just waiting for all the things you'll wind up doing to make it your own.

You already did the hard part and picked up the first mod (which will remain nameless, but rhymes with tailgate damper) and Dave (@AzScorpion ) will be by to welcome you to our cult er club and have some lovely welcoming gifts and secret codes for you. Dave is the CEO and primary spokesman for Ranger Dave's Shopping Network...you will find out ;)

If you run into a gent named Al (@Texasota ) treat him kindly, he bumped his head one time when his tailgate fell on him and he steadfastly disavows the damper. He might be one of "those" people <wink wink>.

Have fun ?

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Nice looking truck. You picked the best color. (In my opinion anyway, but I'm a little biased as I have the same color). Your wallet can easily become a lot lighter if you listen to some of these guys and see pics of what they've done to theirs. I'm guilty of this as well.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Jimmy - nice looking truck. First thing you need to do is find another place for all that stuff in your overhead storage rack because you’re going to need room for the boxes of accessories that will start arriving for your build.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

20210707_115845.jpg
20210705_181127.jpg
Welcome! It’s a beauty! :like:

OP
OP
Jmarler

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Hi Jimmy. Nice looking truck, just waiting for all the things you'll wind up doing to make it your own.

You already did the hard part and picked up the first mod (which will remain nameless, but rhymes with tailgate damper) and Dave (@AzScorpion ) will be by to welcome you to our cult er club and have some lovely welcoming gifts and secret codes for you. Dave is the CEO and primary spokesman for Ranger Dave's Shopping Network...you will find out ;)

If you run into a gent named Al (@Texasota ) treat him kindly, he bumped his head one time when his tailgate fell on him and he steadfastly disavows the damper. He might be one of "those" people <wink wink>.

Have fun ?
Lol. Funny story about that. My father in law went with me and he had me check out the tacoma and he was bragging that the dampener comes with the tacoma. After I purchased the ranger, I ordered the dampener.

OP
OP
Jmarler

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Not even 2 weeks ago, I paid $1250 under MSRP.

Nice truck.
Yeah I was checking websites for rangers everyday till I got the green light to go buy one. So I saw the fluctuation in prices.
Sponsored