Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Converted to AlphaRex projectors and never looked back. Stock headlights were absolute dogshit. They're DOT approved. Projector anddddd they're on sale.

Also added BajaDesigns amber fogs - 10/10 would recommend. The wide beam is epic.

However these options are way more expensive than swapping out to an LED bulb.
Sponsored

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I've stopped reacting to other drivers who lights are too bright. I don't even bother flashing my high beams at them or anything. They just blind me more with their hyper xenon halogon lazer beam high beams and bambi mode concert light show.
I'm old enough to know I struggle with night vision and the other assh*les who think their ability to see 3000 feet ahead of them on a street lit highway outweighs my need to see at all. You're not running the Dakar rally at night. I'm just trying to get home without dying.
Add in lift kits and not making sure your lights are aimed properly, is just another assh*le thing to do. Stock lighting is sufficient. But people want to blast down back roads exceeding the speed limit and want the lighting to see deer so far ahead they can stop, back up, do a u-turn, set up the tripod and snipe the deer and still have a mile before the offending deer would be a problem for a collision.
The all about me generation is taking over. Everyone wants more.
I'm happy for you guys with super bright lights who can see for miles.
I cant see for shit when you blind me so expect me to veer into your path. Hope its worth it.
This is partially why I only have bright LEDs in my highbeams. Any time a jeep **** wants to blast me with led bulbs and his lightbar I have a nice way of saying F U back to him.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
This is partially why I only have bright LEDs in my highbeams. Any time a jeep **** wants to blast me with led bulbs and his lightbar I have a nice way of saying F U back to him.
I may try that , that' why I quit flashing aholes , too badly outgunned ...

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
The strip street caged mustang I had had harnesses. They were not DOT approved, they were far better.

I was just pointing out this is a website pretty much dedicated to changing and customizing our trucks an someone throws the DOT thing out. There's a whole thread on removing the muffler, which makes it illegal to operate on a public road. People are selective about what crosses the line
very true!

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
meanwhile, back at the ranch - unless one has the 5g with the lariat lights the headlights are barely sufficient. the better headlights are one of the only options i did not get but wish did. i couldnt be too picky as i bought during the covid shenanigans. dealer stock was limited and prices were moving up. On the xl trucks, they come with fog lights on every truck right? like no 5g ranger just has headlights sans fogs??

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'm looking to add a 40 or 50 inch off road light above my windshield, maybe I can flash them with that?

Just kidding.....it's not DOT approved an intended for off road use only. I have used my off road lights before on back country roads with no other traffic around where there's not street lighting at all.

TechEditor

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Software Tester
Vehicle Showcase
meanwhile, back at the ranch - unless one has the 5g with the lariat lights the headlights are barely sufficient. the better headlights are one of the only options i did not get but wish did. i couldnt be too picky as i bought during the covid shenanigans. dealer stock was limited and prices were moving up. On the xl trucks, they come with fog lights on every truck right? like no 5g ranger just has headlights sans fogs??
My XL has no Fog lights, just stock QI headlights (with an LED Hi-beam upgrade).

Last edited:

TechEditor

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Software Tester
Vehicle Showcase
I've stopped reacting to other drivers who lights are too bright. I don't even bother flashing my high beams at them or anything. They just blind me more with their hyper xenon halogon lazer beam high beams and bambi mode concert light show.
I'm old enough to know I struggle with night vision and the other assh*les who think their ability to see 3000 feet ahead of them on a street lit highway outweighs my need to see at all. You're not running the Dakar rally at night. I'm just trying to get home without dying.
Add in lift kits and not making sure your lights are aimed properly, is just another assh*le thing to do. Stock lighting is sufficient. But people want to blast down back roads exceeding the speed limit and want the lighting to see deer so far ahead they can stop, back up, do a u-turn, set up the tripod and snipe the deer and still have a mile before the offending deer would be a problem for a collision.
The all about me generation is taking over. Everyone wants more.
I'm happy for you guys with super bright lights who can see for miles.
I cant see for shit when you blind me so expect me to veer into your path. Hope its worth it.
FYI: The GTR hi-beams will not blind you. I have never been flashed if I forgot to dim them. Same beam pattern as stock, just brighter.

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
I'm looking at these GTR lights and cant figure out which bulbs I'd need?
Tried calling and no one answered, and none of the products have reviews?
Not really a good sign

Anyone have these and can tell me which ones I'd need for a 2021 ranger with halogen lights (4 bulbs total)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
These have lighted my way for the past 115K miles...too bad they're never in stock...

71u0N97DayL._AC_SX679_.jpg

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
What brand is that?
Nobody flashing you Sid?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
What brand is that?
Nobody flashing you Sid?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YP1819N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Zero flash back since I re-aimed my lights after leveling...that was at least 100K miles ago...

This bulb hasn't been in stock at Amazon for a long time...you can try other sources...

The key to this design (which I repeatedly beat to death) is the 1:1 design...that means the lighting element is positioned EXACTLY where the factory bulb filament is positioned...that allows the same projection performance as intended except putting more light from the LED on the the road...majority of LED bulbs don't take this in to consideration and therefore, light source is out of position and light bouncing off the reflectors not aimed down the road but shooting everywhere but...this is what causes glare that people are complaining about...because 90%+ of LED drop ins are improperly designed, everyone poo poos LED replacements...

Other brands that describe their bulbs as 1:1 design will do the job correctly as well...this is not a proprietary concept...just THE correct one...

Last edited:

TechEditor

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Software Tester
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at these GTR lights and cant figure out which bulbs I'd need?
Tried calling and no one answered, and none of the products have reviews?
Not really a good sign

Anyone have these and can tell me which ones I'd need for a 2021 ranger with halogen lights (4 bulbs total)
GTR Ultra 2 9005. I purchased mine from Headlight Revolution for my high beams.

Last edited:

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YP1819N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Zero flash back since I re-aimed my lights after leveling...that was at least 100K miles ago...

This bulb hasn't been in stock at Amazon for a long time...you can try other sources...

The key to this design (which I repeatedly beat to death) is the 1:1 design...that means the lighting element is positioned EXACTLY where the factory bulb filament is positioned...that allows the same projection performance as intended except putting more light from the LED on the the road...majority of LED bulbs don't take this in to consideration and therefore, light source is out of position and light bouncing off the reflectors not aimed down the road but shooting everywhere but...this is what causes glare that people are complaining about...because 90%+ of LED drop ins are improperly designed, everyone poo poos LED replacements...

Other brands that describe their bulbs as 1:1 design will do the job correctly as well...this is not a proprietary concept...just THE correct one...
Are these the same H11 bulbs, simply labeled for fog lights?

https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Performance-Bright-White/dp/B07X3XYL5K

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
GTR Ultra 2 9005. I purchased mine from Headlight Revolution for my high beams.
Any idea which ones for the lows.
They all say fog light LoL
Sponsored