My father-in-laws '99 Ranger

1911tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru/2020 Ranger
It has 19k miles, always garaged, 5 speed standard, 4 cylinder, red, with a box cover that is clamped on not bolted. Ford maintained. Looks amazing inside and out, perfect original paint. Father in-law-passed away at 88 and wife wants me to sell it, she said he babied it. I have no idea where to price it. I am going to get it over the holiday so I do not know what model '99 it is. Internet has pricing all over the map....Suggestions? Thank you....
Sponsored

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
When I sold my 99 M3, I used Hagerty valuation tools, bringatrailer historical sales graphs, and cars.com historical sales graphs. There's one with 34k miles on autotrader right now for 13.9.

You might get lucky with one of the auction sites. People pay HUGE bucks for all kinds of low-mileagw cars. 19k is pretty amazing.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
It has 19k miles, always garaged, 5 speed standard, 4 cylinder, red, with a box cover that is clamped on not bolted. Ford maintained. Looks amazing inside and out, perfect original paint. Father in-law-passed away at 88 and wife wants me to sell it, she said he babied it. I have no idea where to price it. I am going to get it over the holiday so I do not know what model '99 it is. Internet has pricing all over the map....Suggestions? Thank you....
i would seriously consider keeping it.....that sounds too nice to let go, Give maw in law a reasonable offer. just my 2 cents

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Keep in mind the used car market is crazy right now. Start high and you can always drop the price if it doesn't sell. Use Kbb as a general guide, but I would most likely start higher than kbb retail price. depending on what that price is, of course.

You could check Carvana, but with the age, I don't think they would give you a good offer. Worth looking into at least though. Only takes a few minutes.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Try Carvana ...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have to agree with Tony @T Bone I would keep it if you can. That sounds way to nice to let go! This is one of those vehicles you have now and will probably regret selling later on. Heck it you were local I'd consider looking at it just because if the mileage and condition. Post some pictures so we can at least drool over it. lol

Homer Drooling.jpg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
It’s just something we’ve done in my family. They get handed down and kept as a keepsake. My brother has a 67 Rambler. I got a 1966 220 Mercedes with 29K original on it. My grandma asked every time I talked to her how it was. They don’t forget and it brings them joy too.

Dave1899

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Retired Living the Life
I might be interested so I'll have it to drive while the stealer is figuring out how to fix my exhaust pressure sensor situation.

Reactions: Doc

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Like others I say keep it, and baby it more. It will only go up in price. In my area of North Carolina those little trucks are like gold. Even the "dogs" are going high. But, if you decide to sell just do a little research. You won't have any problems selling the truck. You'll just have to wade through the bullshit questions like, "what's the least you'll take". When someone ask me that question I just tell them , "you're looking at it". They're not serious anyway. Good luck on your decision, and my sympathies on you loss.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Not sure, but I don't think carvana buys anything older than 2009. I sold my 09 outback to them, and on the site the oldest year you could select was 2009.

I had a 93 toyota truck (pre taco) with 55K that I sold a few years ago for $7k. Book value was around 5K I think. I just ran across an add from that same model truck that sold in california 2 years ago for $13K.

If you end up selling, I would find the KBB price and double or triple it, but it sounds like a great truck to keep.
Sponsored