First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I don't want to come on here to bash Stage 3, I just want to post my honest feedback.

This is my first time getting into suspension type upgrades for truck. I went with Stage 3 because they do have really good prices, and I do like their install videos on YouTube. They are really well made.

So I ordered two eibach struts from them. Both of them came with missing hardware. (no bolts included to mount)

I e-mailed them to explain this to them (takes a day to hear back) and instead of sending me the bolts, they placed the burden of proof on me. I have to send pictures of all my items, boxes, etc. which I don't have because I already threw out the original boxes. I only have the struts which I had to mount by buying bolts from Autozone. If they ship something to a paying customer and they mess up by not CHECKING everything before shipping items out, I shouldn't have to go out of my way to take pictures of everything when it was clearly a problem with them.

Also, at the same time I ordered my struts, I ordered rear shocks for my truck. They created a shipping label and marked it as shipped (6/18), today 6/22 and the items are still not shipped. Their website clearly stated the items were in stock. Don't create a label and marked SHIPPED when it clearly wasn't shipped. I feel like this is a shady practice.

When you call their customer service line, there is no one to help you, they direct you to e-mail them. Really?

Needless to say, I really wanted to like these guys but I don't like these business practices. I won't be returning as a customer. Fortunately I contacted eibach directly and they will be shipping me the bolts even though it was not their fault. This is how customer service is done.
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Without trying to change your mind, the point about shipping is simply how the system works. They cut a shipping label, the system marks it as shipped. It should probably mark it as ready for shipping, but whatever.

I could comment on some of your other points, but I'll just leave it at that.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Without trying to change your mind, the point about shipping is simply how the system works. They cut a shipping label, the system marks it as shipped. It should probably mark it as ready for shipping, but whatever.

I could comment on some of your other points, but I'll just leave it at that.
Well my email clearly says "ORDER SHIPPED" I can understand it may take a day or two after that for the carrier to receive the item, but a week and still no item given to the carrier?

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
Also, at the same time I ordered my struts, I ordered rear shocks for my truck. They created a shipping label and marked it as shipped (6/18), today 6/22 and the items are still not shipped. Their website clearly stated the items were in stock. Don't create a label and marked SHIPPED when it clearly wasn't shipped. I feel like this is a shady practice.
This. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. It just sets the wrong expectations to the custoemr and on some platforms (amazon) it cuts the ability to cancel the item.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want to come on here to bash Stage 3, I just want to post my honest feedback.

This is my first time getting into suspension type upgrades for truck. I went with Stage 3 because they do have really good prices, and I do like their install videos on YouTube. They are really well made.

So I ordered two eibach struts from them. Both of them came with missing hardware. (no bolts included to mount)

I e-mailed them to explain this to them (takes a day to hear back) and instead of sending me the bolts, they placed the burden of proof on me. I have to send pictures of all my items, boxes, etc. which I don't have because I already threw out the original boxes. I only have the struts which I had to mount by buying bolts from Autozone. If they ship something to a paying customer and they mess up by not CHECKING everything before shipping items out, I shouldn't have to go out of my way to take pictures of everything when it was clearly a problem with them.

When you call their customer service line, there is no one to help you, they direct you to e-mail them. Really?

Needless to say, I really wanted to like these guys but I don't like these business practices. I won't be returning as a customer. Fortunately I contacted eibach directly and they will be shipping me the bolts even though it was not their fault. This is how customer service is done.
I believe a lot of their stock is drop shipped so they don't actually see it. I don't know about your case, but keep that in mind.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Well my email clearly says "ORDER SHIPPED" I can understand it may take a day or two after that for the carrier to receive the item, but a week and still no item given to the carrier?
Usually businesses have it all linked to the carrier. When they cut a label it's marked as label created, and then when the carrier scans it it's marked as received. I don't know how S3 is doing it. Obviously not like that.

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe a lot of their stock is drop shipped so they don't actually see it. I don't know about your case, but keep that in mind.
I feel like issues with Stage 3 normally arise from this. They go by what the vendor says and that isn't always the case. Anyway Jason usually makes things right.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Yes sir, I understand. I asked this exact question when I called eibach. I asked them if they shipped them or if it came from stage 3. I wanted to make sure I didn't place the blame on stage 3 if it was actually shipped by eibach. I gave them the details, items shipped from Utah, and they told me they don't ship from Utah so it was clearly shipped from stage 3 or someone they deal with.

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes sir, I understand. I asked this exact question when I called eibach. I asked them if they shipped them or if it came from stage 3. I wanted to make sure I didn't place the blame on stage 3 if it was actually shipped by eibach. I gave them the details, items shipped from Utah, and they told me they don't ship from Utah so it was clearly shipped from stage 3 or someone they deal with.
It probably came from another distributer. I think Stage 3 is in Arizona.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sir, I understand. I asked this exact question when I called eibach. I asked them if they shipped them or if it came from stage 3. I wanted to make sure I didn't place the blame on stage 3 if it was actually shipped by eibach. I gave them the details, items shipped from Utah, and they told me they don't ship from Utah so it was clearly shipped from stage 3.
Well, the only other thing I can say is this; S3M is not the manufacturer, I don't know of any retailers that physically open all products to verify contents. Amazon doesn't even do this.

It may not have shipped from Eibach, but it did at some point from their manufacturer (whether in-house or third party).

I've gotten a handful of stuff from Amazon missing components. Annoying, but easily fixed with a replacement.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
It probably came from another distributer. I think Stage 3 is in Arizona.
I think you may be right. Either way, Jason is in contact with me, which I appreciate it. Hopefully I can get my shocks soon, and once I get the correct bolts from eibach I can install those and this will be done :)

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
I think you may be right. Either way, Jason is in contact with me, which I appreciate it. Hopefully I can get my shocks soon, and once I get the correct bolts from eibach I can install those and this will be done :)
Your rears don't need bolts, unless you just want new ones. I reused the old ones, though some people say to replace them.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Your rears don't need bolts, unless you just want new ones. I reused the old ones, though some people say to replace them.
No, I know. I am missing bolts for my front struts. I am waiting to get my rear shocks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.